+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Computer help desk

sounds to me like the keyboard needs cleaning or replacing.

trying getting a can of air holding the keyboard upside down, and on it's side and blowing it out. If thay doesn't loosen any anything yep you probably need a new one.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Once long ago I had a virus that messed up my keyboard commands. So yeah, first blow it out and make sure it's clean. Did you spill something on the keyboard? Make sure your virus software is up-to-date and run a full system scan. Then test a new keyboard if all else fails.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How nice that keyboards can be inexpensive!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

it was the keyboard. I bought a "new" one from the GoodWill for $1.99, and now it works perfectly fine. Plus, this is slightly larger and I can type without accidently hitting some weird button. Thanks for all the help, folks!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

yay for good will!

FORT Fogey

I listen to a lot of music online like on youtube, myspace, projectplaylist, imeem, etc. I clear history to hide music from my sister (theif of good songs), but I want to really get it clean. How do I clear the site off the hard drive, if I can?

Leo
    Premium Member

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "clearing it off the hard drive". The simplest way to go about this is under Firefox, there's a "Clear Private Data" option under the Tools menu. It'll give you what you want to do.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

OK, my little brainiacs........apparently my hard drive is dying a slow death, and I am about to have to replace it whenever the part arrives this week. I ordered it from Dell...which was probably a mistake...and they want to talk me through the installation, which I'm not sure I really want to do. Should I just call The Geek Squad and be done with it?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Why don't you want to let Dell talk you through it? If it's their part, they should know best how to operate it. I'd let them do it, and then if something goes wrong you can call someone else.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread