+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Leo
    Premium Member

Re: Computer help desk

Not having used Outlook Express in ages (and, even then, I didn't use stationery), I can't give a definite answer. I don't think it's your resolution, unless you're running at a really low setting. Nowadays, anything northwards of 1024x768 is fine for smaller monitors (below 17-inches), and 1280x1024 for 17-inches and above. (If you have an LCD panel, it's best to run it at its exact native resolution.)

Beyond that, there's not quite an easy solution. Open up the following directory: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery. That's where, by default, Outlook Express keeps the files it needs for stationery. Each stationery is just an HTML file, so you could, in theory, muck around with each one until it works properly.

In general. though, I am not a fan of e-mail stationery, so unless you want it that badly, I would advice against using it.

Thanks, Leo! I just decided to use the few stationery files that actually do fit my screen.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Does anyone here use a notebook sleeve? I finally got my macbook! My pc laptop crashed and I got a discount through school. My macbook is smaller than my old laptop and I'm having trouble finding a carrying case.

I am having problems with my sound sometimes. When it works it works, but on certain programs it doesn't work. All of windows sounds do not seem to be working. It doesn't play sounds in windows games like spider solitaire but it used to. It will play sounds on most downloaded games. It also plays sounds on some videos, ie the sound for a MSN news video, but not the bravo videos. I can see the video but no sound. Is there a setting I need to fix on windows? Thanks for any help.

Leo
    Premium Member

It's really hard to say. My guess would be that some programs have been accidentally muted; double-check the settings within each program to see that they have sound. Beyond that... well, I'm just not sure.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

HELP! All of a sudden, I can't access any httpS sites. I noticed it with ebay when I went to sign in and then realized I couldn't sign into any of them. I have XP and IE7. I can't sign on to any secure websites. HELP!

marybethp- Some info here that might help ya out- Cannot Access Secure Sites

On the subject of anti-malware programs being discussed earlier in the thread, thought I'd throw in this suggestion for those looking for a good free one, besides the well-known ones like Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, and such- Ewido micro Handy lil' on-demand scanner from AVG Anti-Spyware that seems to catch a lot.

Also, check out this site for a lot of great info on which programs can be trusted and which can't, plus resources for if you get hit with a hijack- Spyware Warrior: Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products & Web Sites

thanks - I found that secure site website and did all of his steps - NOTHING!. I can't seem to access the windows update page either, so I'm really at a loss. It came out of nowhere. I ran my Adaware and got nothing. My norton is brand new and just ran yesterday and found nothing. I'm ready to throw the damn thing out the window! Thanks for the help.

okay, I'm back to the world of secure websites. I have a feeling it had to do with an automatic windows update. I finally was able to get into the windows update and it was able to install something I was missing. I swear I'm bald from pulling my hair out!!

Ok, I looked at my 'sounds and audio devices' in my control panel. It says I have no audio device. Well, clearly that's wrong since I do have speakers and other programs are using those speakers. How do I get windows to actually read the audio device? I believe that the programs that are using the speaker are using them from something called CMI audio config.

+ Reply to Thread