+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 98 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Leo
    Premium Member
    Jupiter, there's a page about that very error here:

Error 1327 Invalid Drive

Try the solutions that are listed there and see if they work for you.

canuck... I'm not sure what's going on there. If ipconfig isn't spitting out an IP address, then that PC doesn't have one. It could be that the router you're using to share your Internet configuration has become misconfigured. Without being there in person, it's a little hard to diagnose.

Thanks Leo. I caught Mr. C between meetings. Oh that, he explained...you have to type cd \winnt\system32 and then you can put in config. Geez...how obvious, silly me.

There are 2 cable trucks in the street past 9 pm. People must be complaining.

Woot! I think the other computer is working now.

[QUOTE=Leo;2271464;]Jupiter, there's a page about that very error here:

Error 1327 Invalid Drive

Try the solutions that are listed there and see if they work for you.

Thank you Leo....yes I found a solution. Finally just went in a identified my external drive as G:/. Voila! Installed like a charm. Thank you for the site reference. Much appreciated and big juicy right too ya!
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Is anyone else having a problem with Yahoo? I keep getting "the connection was denied" when I try to go to my email (that's in Mozilla; in IE I get "cannot find server"). But the weird thing is, when I try to get into my other Yahoo address, it's fine. It just won't let me in my main one. The connection is fine, as I'm here and able to get to other sites as well.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Yahoo has been acting rather strange here lately for me too Lucy. My email hasn't been a problem, but the loading of my home page has been erratic the past few days. I use Firefox also.

Well, rebooting the computer seems to have fixed it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

As I mentioned earlier, my Yahoo email was looking and acting unusual for a while, and I couldn't get to the text of my emails, ; after about six or eight days everything finally went back to normal. Their help pages are filled with these kinds of complaints, so I think it's Yahoo itself that is having some problems.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I've been searching all over the internet for information or help with this - I installed the Norton AntiVirus 2007. Does it not have a setting where you can set it to alert you of updates, as the rest of the Norton Antivirus software always did? It seems to download/install them by default, and you never know it has done so or that it's working properly. I had my former Norton version set where it told me there were updates...did I want to install them now.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Moved this over from Troubles thread. I don't know how to fix this. Anyone have any ideas?
    -------------------

Arggh! I finally get onto internet lite speed and I have more problems than ever. My Fort is showing up grey, not paradise or even trump. Grey. I get huge letters, then little letters. My IP Config is ok, then it's lost. My toolbar will not show me the address of what site I am on so it's hard to paste the link. I have to reboot 6 times to get online. It's perfectly running and then freezes. Then, a mess. A new mess every single day.

I called my internet provider and they think it's in my computer. I think it's in the network card they installed. My IP Config keeps flipping to PPP Adapter. At times, it doesn't even show Novell 2000 as an option to change to. When it does, it doesn't stick. I release the wrong IP config. Reboot. I start, run, winipcfg (I'm on 98) Change the option if it's there and renew all. Anyone else encounter problems when they switched from dial-up?

You know, back when dinosauers roamed the earth?

Why won't it recognize the Fort colors? I also discovered I can't save photos as..... ???

misskitty, I had similar problems when I switched too. I was also running Windows 98 at the time. I totally bugged on the company because everything was running perfectly before the switch. They finally sent a man out and he found that the first guy totally installed the card wrong.:nono 30 minutes of un-install then reinstall and no more problem.

My advice is have them come back and re check the work they did, especially if every thing worked before.

+ Reply to Thread