+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 98 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051525354555696 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2257544;
    You're killing me here, Leo. My only remaining hope is that I can't find the microphone that I think is stashed in the basement. Maybe the spiders ate it . . . or could be persuaded to do so
    Your newfs could probably make short work of it, if you tossed it for them to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2257122;
    ....I can send her a CD of my caterwauling?
    It's actually catAwauling, newf, but I get the picture anyway! Maybe your boys could join you as backup singers?

Leo, I'm finally switching to highspeed light from dial-up (WOOHOO) so my e-mail address will be different. Will that stop me from logging in? How do I change my e-mail address for notifications and such? somewhere on the User CP?
    Last edited by misskitty; 02-27-2007 at 06:19 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2258114;
    It's actually catAwauling, newf, but I get the picture anyway!
    No, it actually IS "caterwauling."

caterwauling - Definitions from Dictionary.com
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2258114;
    Leo, I'm finally switching to highspeed light from dial-up (WOOHOO) so my e-mail address will be different. Will that stop me from logging in? How do I change my e-mail address for notifications and such? somewhere on the User CP?
    Your Fort log-in isn't directly tied to your e-mail, so there's nothing to stop you from logging in. To change your e-mail for the notifications, go to "Edit Profile" in the User CP.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2258202;
    Your Fort log-in isn't directly tied to your e-mail, so there's nothing to stop you from logging in. To change your e-mail for the notifications, go to "Edit Profile" in the User CP.
    Thanks Leo!

Lucy: I thought there was an "r" in it too, but I googled and it came up with cat-a-wauling. Meowr. I hate that when that happens.

Cat´er`waul`ing
    n. 1. The cry of cats; a harsh, disagreeable noise or cry like the cry of cats.

Misskitty, you can probably still even get into your old email, if you go through (whatever your old isp was).com

My Yahoo is still acting up, even when I try to get in from a different computer on another ISP...is no one else having problems there?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

However it's spelled, that is an eerie cry that cats make indeed.

queenb: Thanks. I just deleted hundreds of saved e-mails and a lot of documents. It's amazing how full things get so quickly. I also copied my addresses just in case.

I can hardly wait. I can be having a phone conversation AND posting on the Fort at the same time! Doing a happy dance!

Error 1327. Invalid Drive G:/

Okey Dokey...if someone can help me with this I'll kiss you right smack on the lips. When trying to install my Norton's upgrade 2007, I'm getting the following error message: Error 1327. Invalid Drive G:/ Can anyone tell me what the hell that is??? I don't have a Drive G! I've tried to work around it...but no soap. Any suggestions would be most certainly appreciated. Microsoft wants to charge me $60 for an online consultation. I reckon I could do that...but it goes against my grain. So if there's a great computer guru out there willing to think it over and let me know how to solve this problem (in laymen's talk please)...I'd be most grateful.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Computer Day from Hell

Okay...sorry to dump more problems. The Cable company is switching systems, and after the truck left my street late this morning, both computers went down. After a ton of time talking to a tech (well...trying since spanish is my second language) we figured out the IP addresses were screwed up. I got the one with Windows XP fixed but can't find the IP address for the second computer which uses Windows 2000. I entered Run, cmd, and entered ipconfig, ipconfig /all, and it was not recognized. Is there some other way I can find out my IP address for Windows 2000? They will send someone out tomorrow, but I am afraid if I see one of those trucks again I will shoot out the tires . This is the second time this month, but Mr. C, the computer geek, is away this time.

Yipee though, at least one is finally working.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;2270889;
    Okey Dokey...if someone can help me with this I'll kiss you right smack on the lips. When trying to install my Norton's upgrade 2007, I'm getting the following error message: Error 1327. Invalid Drive G:/ Can anyone tell me what the hell that is??? I don't have a Drive G! I've tried to work around it...but no soap. Any suggestions would be most certainly appreciated. Microsoft wants to charge me $60 for an online consultation. I reckon I could do that...but it goes against my grain. So if there's a great computer guru out there willing to think it over and let me know how to solve this problem (in laymen's talk please)...I'd be most grateful.
    I did a google search and of course there are many returns, but here's the google link if you want to check them out. Sorry I'm not a guru:

Error 1327. Invalid Drive G:/ - Google Search
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread