+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 98 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Thanks, Unk, but...pooh. I was hoping it was a problem with Yahoo, not my computer. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on? By the way, it does the same thing whichever browser I use also.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Leo
    Premium Member
    If it's still happening despite what browser you use, and it only happens with Yahoo, then it's probably not your PC either. There's probably some sort of trouble between your ISP and Yahoo. When that happens, not much you can really do but wait. You can try clearing out your cookies and cache, but that's not likely to help.

Thanks, Leo. I hate stuff like this you can't o anything about, but at least I don't feel like too big of a dummy now.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2254490;
    Is anyone else having a problem with Yahoo Mail?
    Everything looks as usual on Yahoo until I go to my mailbox, and then no graphics show. When I click on a message, only the header and not the actual email shows.
    I tried the new Yahoo beta (hated it!) e same thing happened.
    I'm not having any unusual problemas on any other sites.
    Actually, lots of people are having trouble with Yahoo mail!! My mom sent me some large pictures last night and when I went to check this morning, I couldn't access my mailbox. I could get to all my other account settings, though. When I logged in with a different Yahoo account everything was fine. So I sent an email to tech support thinking that my mom's pictures had clogged my mailbox up (knowing her they were a gig a piece). Then I went to some Yahoo answers page, and it was filled with people wanting help because they couldn't access their email. So it is definitely a Yahoo problem. I'm thinking it's a beta problem, too, because I tried the beta then switched back on the account I can't access. The other accounts I never tried the silly beta thing.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Yeah I tried the beta version on one of my yahoo accounts and had so many problems, I ended up switching back to the old version.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I love the Yahoo Mail Beta I use IE.

I have a computer-related question that, quite frankly, I hope has no easy answer. When I was at my sister's house on my way back from my brother's funeral, she used Nessun dorma to wake me up (pretty funny, since it translates to "no man shall sleep" ) She left the CD running, and heard me singing along to La donna e mobile. Now she thinks that I have some sort of singing voice (WRONG!!) and wants me to send her a sampling. I don't have a tape recorder, nor do I have a video camera. My computer has a microphone jack, but when I was digging around to see if there was any resident software for recording, the only thing I found was for recording short tones. Is there a cheap way of recording through the computer so that I can send her a CD of my caterwauling?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Leo
    Premium Member
    It's not that difficult (sadly ). A good piece of software for this is RecordPad. It's not free, but there is a free 14-day trial. For the microphone, you can use a microphone that plugs into the microphone jack or a USB port. If you can afford it, I'd actually suggest you get a USB headset, since you can actually use that for something other than recording your singing - headsets are practically a must if you want to try Skype, or some other VoIP service on the PC.

Leo
    Premium Member
    By the way, I just noticed that RecordPad has this rather annoying habit of recording from the moment you start your PC once its installed by default. You can change it - it's right in the options - but it's something to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2257412;
    It's not that difficult (sadly ). A good piece of software for this is RecordPad. It's not free, but there is a free 14-day trial. For the microphone, you can use a microphone that plugs into the microphone jack or a USB port. If you can afford it, I'd actually suggest you get a USB headset, since you can actually use that for something other than recording your singing - headsets are practically a must if you want to try Skype, or some other VoIP service on the PC.
    You're killing me here, Leo. My only remaining hope is that I can't find the microphone that I think is stashed in the basement. Maybe the spiders ate it . . . or could be persuaded to do so
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread