+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 98 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2213517;
    Right click on the link instead of left clicking. The popup menu should have a save option. It's called something like "Save Target As" in IE.
    I know that, but I want to enter it into the url address bar but it will launch the windows media player, is there any way to download the file of that address of you only knowing the url but not the one that was highlighted on a website?

Leo
    Premium Member
    I found this site that people may find useful. It's been around for just a little under a year, and what it does is pretty neat: it allows you to use instant messaging... without having to download any software. It does it all from your web browser. It's pretty useful, especially if you're somewhere where it's not always easy to connect to IM networks (schools, at work, etcetera). It's called Meebo, and it's here: http://www.meebo.com/

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    Um I have some questions:

1) With bandwidth, how long is it until a little website reaches it's bandwidth and shuts down?
    2) If a site has an average amount of bandwith but is visited every day by only one person, will it add up and shut down?
    3) If you save pictures to your computer, do they lose bandwidth and eventually end up as little red x boxes?

Thanks so much!
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

Leo
    Premium Member
    Three questions, three answers. From your questions, I assume either you or someone you know wants to start a website, correct?

1. It depends on who your webhost is. For example, if you let Yahoo host your website, you have 3000 megabytes a month. Depending on the exact content you plan to host, that can be a lot or a little.

2. Even with a ridiculously bandwidth-heavy website, if it's just one user, the bandwidth limits are high enough that the site should be okay. However, it does add up over one month.

3. I'm not exactly sure what you mean. If your website has pictures and users save them to their hard drive, but keep on visiting say, that page with the pictures, yes, that will use up your bandwidth. If there are enough visitors and big enough pictures, yes, your site could get temporarily shut down.

Without knowing exactly what your website is about and what you plan to do with it, I can't be more specific. I hope what I said helps, though.

Printer help.

My printer has died after only one year and boy am I PO"d.

I really want a printer that will print good quality pictures as well as documents. I have a lot of pictures that I have downloaded from my camera. Anyone have any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2246299;
    My printer has died after only one year and boy am I PO"d.

I really want a printer that will print good quality pictures as well as documents. I have a lot of pictures that I have downloaded from my camera. Anyone have any recommendations?
    I have had a canon PIXMA MP500 for a couple years-absolutely great pictures and fast.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I swear by HP. I have a HP deskjet and recently bought one of the compact photo printers. Both are great!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I cannot, for love nor money, get my ink cartridge into my printer. It's a Canon BJC-250 that I have had since time began, and I love it. I had no problem getting the empty one out, but I am getting nowhere fast now. Anybody got any ideas, beyond buying a new printer?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Is anyone else having a problem with Yahoo Mail?
    Everything looks as usual on Yahoo until I go to my mailbox, and then no graphics show. When I click on a message, only the header and not the actual email shows.
    I tried the new Yahoo beta (hated it!) e same thing happened.
    I'm not having any unusual problemas on any other sites.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I just checked mine Queenie and it's normal.

+ Reply to Thread