+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 98 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Leo
    Premium Member
    Irfanview works just fine. However, if you want to resize an animated GIF, that won't work.

Yeah it's animated, can this even be done?

karna, you can do it, but it usually messes up the animation so it doesn't really look all that good anymore. I know brecause I found a cool animated .gif that I wanted to use as an avatar, but it was too big. I tried resizing with a couple of different programs, but wasn't at all happy with the results. It's probably because you make an animation using several frames and blending them into one file. I think you might have to have the individual frames and resize them one by one. Anyway, in my opinion, it wasn't worth doing.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Darn, thanks! Yeah I wanted it for my avatar but oh well, the one I'm using is pretty cool too.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Very nice!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I Is Stephanie
    I downloaded some files from iTunes, and I know that you can't copy them into Windows Movie Maker, so I burned a CD with them, but it's saying that the file isn't compatible. I'm at a school computer that doesn't have iTunes on it, do I need iTunes for it to be able to rip the CD?
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Leo
    Premium Member
    The short version is: what you're asking can't be done, not easily, anyway. Any show you download using iTunes (or just about any media you buy online, for that matter) will have copy protection that does what you want to do. They think that because you can play a TV episode you legally bought on something other than the approved player, you'll be able to distribute them to millions and millions of people and drive the poor producers of BB out of business! (Yes, I exaggerate a little.)

I'm pretty sure you'll have to break the copy protection on that file to do what you want. Now, there are probably ways to do that. Mind you, however, this is technically illegal, which is why the information on how to do that might be hard to find, and any tools to do it won't be the easiest to use.

I Is Stephanie
    Grrr... even though it's a CD?

Well, I tried. thanks anyways, Leo.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

FORT Newbie

Downloading a Video

I need help, firefox's cool with whatever website ending in .wmv, meaning when enter a website ending in a video extension it prompt for download, however with Internet explorer when enter whatever.wmv, it launches windows media player, but I want to download, help please.

Right click on the link instead of left clicking. The popup menu should have a save option. It's called something like "Save Target As" in IE.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread