+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 98 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    I tried saving it to the desktop.

This is what things look like right now:

Destination: Desktop

then there's a box that says progressive JPEG and exit DCF.

Anyone have an idea?
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan View Post
    I tried saving it to the desktop.

This is what things look like right now:

Destination: Desktop

then there's a box that says progressive JPEG and exit DCF.

Anyone have an idea?
    I'm kinda computer useless, so I don't have much help to offer. But maybe try coping the pictures and then pasting them into your new directory??

Has anyone here worked much with Adobe Photoshop? I pieced together a bunch of photos to make a really long one, but they are still all individual pictues, how do I turn the images into ONE image so that I can blend the edges together? Any suggestions would be awesome...cause I suck.

Quote Originally Posted by M_shelll View Post
    I'm kinda computer useless, so I don't have much help to offer. But maybe try coping the pictures and then pasting them into your new directory??

Has anyone here worked much with Adobe Photoshop? I pieced together a bunch of photos to make a really long one, but they are still all individual pictues, how do I turn the images into ONE image so that I can blend the edges together? Any suggestions would be awesome...cause I suck.
    You just have all the pictures you want opened up in their own separate windows and placed side-by-side, huh? Create a new image that is the size of the long image you want. Then focus on one of your images, and copy it (EDIT > COPY). Then focus on the new image and paste it as a new layer (EDIT > PASTE AS NEW LAYER) Then if you need to move the individual pictures around later, you just focus on the layer you want and move it around. I can't open Photoshop now so I'm not exactly sure which menu the layer selection is under, but you should be able to find it. When you're done, save the image as a jpg or a gif if you want it on the web. If you want to edit it later, make sure you save it as a psp so all your layers and stuff will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    You just have all the pictures you want opened up in their own separate windows and placed side-by-side, huh? Create a new image that is the size of the long image you want. Then focus on one of your images, and copy it (EDIT > COPY). Then focus on the new image and paste it as a new layer (EDIT > PASTE AS NEW LAYER) Then if you need to move the individual pictures around later, you just focus on the layer you want and move it around. I can't open Photoshop now so I'm not exactly sure which menu the layer selection is under, but you should be able to find it. When you're done, save the image as a jpg or a gif if you want it on the web. If you want to edit it later, make sure you save it as a psp so all your layers and stuff will be there.
    I had all the images in the same window but I needed to blend the edges together so it looked like one really long picture. To do that I needed them on the same layer...I think anyways.
    Then I found a way to do it, but I screwed something else up and had to start over from my last save and for the life of me I could not remember how I did it. :p I think I've got a better handle on it now thou.
    Thanks for your help burntbrat

Anyone have Ad-Aware program?? If so, is it normal for it to not have updates for a week or longer? I installed the Ad-Aware Se Plus on my computer, and it last had updates on July 8th.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Help me please!
    We bought a new computer yesterday and it came with a 16x DVD burner.

I know there are differences in the DVD-R and the DVD+R (r RW's) and I know that my DVD player supports the minus.
    Here is my question: Can I burn music onto a DVD-R pr DVD+R?

my O/S is Win XP Home
    I can burn with Real Player or WMP.

Oh!! and do I have to format the disks before I use them? and how would I go about doing this (in plain language please)

I really appreciate the time anyone may take to help me understand this.
    Thanks!!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Leo
    Premium Member
    Okay, let me see if I understand what you want to do. You want to burn your music onto a DVD so you can play them on your standalone DVD player (since, I suppose, you have a much better speaker setup on your DVD player than your computer).

The answer: it depends on your DVD player. Ideally, you'd want it to support playing MP3 or WMA files from your computer. Without knowing what specific model your DVD player is, I can't really give a full answer. (If you have the manual for your DVD player, there should be a list of the formats it supports somewhere in there as well.)

My sister and nephew are visiting for the summer and I can't tell you how many things they've done to f-up my computer. Well not really but just changing things around you know? Anyway, I go to open word and theres a grid that I can't get rid of! WTF?! Any ideas how to have it open to a plain white document? Thanks!

Leo
    Premium Member
    karna68, it looks like somehow the default template for Word got changed. You can try deleting it - Word will go back to the factory default template when you do that. The procedure to delete Word's default template can be found here.

That didn't work

+ Reply to Thread