+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Got a problem that I hope somebody can help me with.

I just got DSL through BellSouth (don't know if that makes a difference). When I come into the FORT on DSL, I can see very few avatars, and I can see no smilies that are included in posts. I can read the posts with no problems. I also have AOL, and I can see all of the smilies and avatars in AOL. How can I remedy this situation?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay, I've got the same set up you do (liked the price!) , have had it six weeks and this has never happened to me. So,
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Got a problem that I hope somebody can help me with.

I just got DSL through BellSouth (don't know if that makes a difference). When I come into the FORT on DSL, I can see very few avatars, and I can see no smilies that are included in posts. I can read the posts with no problems. I also have AOL, and I can see all of the smilies and avatars in AOL. How can I remedy this situation?
    Are you using a different browser with your DSL vs AOL? I use Mozilla Firefox for the most part with DSL and sometimes the smilies and avatars go haywire!! Usually refreshing the page or CTRL F5 cleans it up.

eta: Here's a link to my post in another forum where I showed how messed up it was.
    Smilies
    Last edited by veejer; 07-05-2006 at 10:22 AM.

I see that there are several sites that offer the Firefox. Is there one I should avoid or that is more recommended than the other?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Leo
    Premium Member
    Best place to get any piece of software is always the official site. For Firefox, that would be here.

Pom, not to be heartless towards the nice neighbors, but I wouldn't share my internet connection with them. Once you let someone in, they are in and I don't see that as a good thing, no matter how much you trust them. I'm not even sure I'd give my WPA password out to my mother .

Also as mentioned above a nice long random, periodically changed, WPA key wouldn't hurt (short ones can be cracked with software available online ) and that's quite secure... unless you give it out .
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

E-Mazing! I installed the Mozilla Foxfire, and everything is all better!

Thanks, Leo and veejer!

I installed the latest version of Ad-Aware SE, and it keeps telling me when I look for updates, that it cannot find the server. Any suggestions?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I installed the latest version of Ad-Aware SE, and it keeps telling me when I look for updates, that it cannot find the server. Any suggestions?
    Did you tell your firewall that AdAware needs to go talk to the mothership?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

MsFroggy - yes, i have Ad-Aware unblocked from my Firewall...so I don't know where else to go from here..
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread