+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 98 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Leo
    Premium Member
    Windows Movie Maker is just for editing movies, it won't help you burn DVDs at all.

bbnbama, you may already have a DVD burning program on your computer. I don't know if the DVD burner came with the computer or if you bought it separately. If it's the first case, it's probably pre-installed somewhere on your computer already. If it's the latter, the drive probably came with a CD that has a burning program already.

If, for some reason or another, you really don't have one installed, you'll need to go out and spend some money. (There are some free alternatives, but they're not really all that good yet.) The one I recommend is Nero (http://www.nero.com/). The current version (Nero 7) is upwards of $60, but if you want to save money the older version (Nero 6) is available for less money. For your needs, the older version will be more than enough.

Nero (or a somewhat crippled version of it) is frequently included with DVD burners. Before you spend money, make sure that you really don't have any burning software right now.

Nero is a good DVD burning program, and I've also used the Roxio that came with my computer. Actually it came with the basic no frills CD burning program and I upgraded. But all in all I've heard that Nero is a better program to use.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

in banana world
    I'm not sure if this question goes here. For some reason I can't play games in zone.com, when I click on "play now" the pop up screen comes out (as it should) except it stays blank (a white screen). I've done everything the zone.com help said to do like lowering the privacy and cookies and all that, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? Thanks.

happybanana, if you have an antivirus program installed, it could be doing this...mine did, but at another game site. I tried turning Norton off long enough to check, and the game loaded right away. However, I decided I'd rather have my security on, so bye bye games. I was wasting too much time on Pop Fu anyway . We won't even talk about the mole whacking game or the word game with the bees.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    happybanana one way to solve that is to play the games here at FORT instead!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

in banana world
    queenb, I turned off Norton, and it didn't fix the problem. It's as if the game was loading but it never does, because when I put the pointer on the pop-up game screen, the hourglass comes out. I'll keep trying other things until I figure it out, it's eating me away not knowing why I can't play games.

bbnbama, I've played the games at FORT to the point of exhaustion. I need a time out.

Quote Originally Posted by happybanana View Post
    queenb, I turned off Norton, and it didn't fix the problem. It's as if the game was loading but it never does, because when I put the pointer on the pop-up game screen, the hourglass comes out. I'll keep trying other things until I figure it out, it's eating me away not knowing why I can't play games.
    Is the game Java-based? Do you have Java installed?
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by happybanana View Post
    I'm not sure if this question goes here. For some reason I can't play games in zone.com, when I click on "play now" the pop up screen comes out (as it should) except it stays blank (a white screen). I've done everything the zone.com help said to do like lowering the privacy and cookies and all that, but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? Thanks.
    Have you installed Internet Explorer 7 Beta?

in banana world
    veejer, I think the game is Java based, but I do have the most current Java installed. I also have Macromedia installed.

gabriel, I had Internet Explorer 7 Beta installed, and when I couldn't get the games to play, I went back to Internet Explorer 6 to see if that would fix the problem, which it didn't.

Also, I think I should mention I'ved noticed that zone.com is the only place I can't play games in. I've been able to play games at other websites without any problem, such as shockwave.com games. So it definitely is something specific with zone.com.

You might try deleting your temporary internet files and cookies (but do the cookies manually if you want to save your cookies for oh, say, FORT). Sometimes you have something stored that roadblocks you inadvertently.

+ Reply to Thread