+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 98 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Sorry, Verizon Fios is really fast broadand internet.

Thanks, I'll check Earthlink. Oh, I just remembered that I have 3 months of AOL free with my new laptop. I guess I could do that and cancel it when I return. My aunt has a cell phone so hopefully she won't mind me tying up her home phone line. If so, I guess I can get on when everyone's asleep.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I've got an attachment problem. When I receive an attachment in my e-mail I can't open it. It tells me the software that opens the attachment is missing or removed. The only thing that I have removed off of my system was a trial version of Paint Shop Pro. That shouldn't have effected it should it? I use Juno (not on the web) for my e-mail. I can open the attachments if I use Juno Web. I hate Juno Web. When I get into the Juno help section it says that your e-mail server is not what opens the attachment, but other software on your computer. Does anyone know what opens the attachments?? I can't figure out where to look to see what the problem is.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Leo
    Premium Member
    Melitta, what kind of attachment is it? Is it some sort of picture file?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Melitta, what kind of attachment is it? Is it some sort of picture file?
    Anything. I tried to e-mail a document as an attachment, when I couldn't open it (I always check the attachments before I send them), I tried to send a picture that I had sent out before and it wouldn't open. I can't open anything, JPG, BMP, DOC...

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta
    Anything. I tried to e-mail a document as an attachment, when I couldn't open it (I always check the attachments before I send them), I tried to send a picture that I had sent out before and it wouldn't open. I can't open anything, JPG, BMP, DOC...
    Upon further inspection, this isn't completely true. I can open attachments as long as they aren't a picture. Does anyone know how to set the computer as to what program you want to use to open picture attachments such as JPG and BMP? Apparently, when I uninstalled Paint Shop Pro, that was the program the computer was using to open those types of attachments and now it won't. I have e-mailed Corel, but have yet to hear back from them.

Have you tried right-clicking on the attachment? On my computer, a menu pops up and one of the choices is "Open With". You can pick a program to open the attachment.

You can open jpgs & bmps with any paint program, such as Irfanview or even the Paint accessory that comes with Windows.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

On mine when I right click I get the options of opening, saving or deleting attachment. I can save it and then go into my pictures folder and look at it, but that is a pain. I have Paint, just how do I set the computer to use that program to open the attachments? That is what I can't seem to figure out. Some how it got set to use Paint Shop Pro to open picture attachments and now that I uninstalled it, it won't open the attachments.

On mine when I right click I get the options of opening, saving or deleting attachment. I can save it and then go into my pictures folder and look at it, but that is a pain. I have Paint, just how do I set the computer to use that program to open the attachments? That is what I can't seem to figure out. Some how it got set to use Paint Shop Pro to open picture attachments and now that I uninstalled it, it won't open the attachments.
    Save the attachment to your harddrive (desktop or picture folder), then right click on it. It should give you the option of Open With and then can choose a program.

FORT Regular
    I have a Mac g4 titanium powerbook thats like 3 years old and it is dead... how much does it cost to revive it?

I fixed it! If anyone ever has the same problem, you can designate what opens different types of files in the control panel. I had to go to performance and maintenance and then files and folders. I then had to scroll through tons of files until I found all the ones that were BMP and JPG and JPEG. I right clicked and designated Paint as the viewer. Big surprise that they were the only files that didn't have a designated viewer.

+ Reply to Thread