+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Just reporting in to let everyone know that my hard drive has crashed.

Luckily my computer was insured and I should have my computer up and running on Wednesday night.

I am on my Mum's computer right now....but that is not for long.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I don't know about other IM clients, but for Yahoo can. Check your preferences to see if it does. You also view them from inside YM.
    Thanks Leo, I will check my Yahoo and I also have MSN I was wondering about if anyone knows.

giz
    I want to apply for a job that asks for Mac experience. I've only ever used pc's. Can I get up to speed in a couple of weeks? I'm guessing I'd need to know how to use email, internet and cataloguing tools. I am not very intuitive when it comes to pc's and have to do everything a dozen times before it sinks in. I'm going to look for a tutor today.

I had to switch from PC to Mac for a job and it wasn't that hard

FORT Fogey
    Does anyone here use ICQ instant messenger?

I'm clueless about how those things work -- if I have an ICQ account can I instant message with people on AOL or AIM or others??

Thanks.

YES! I have icq, Pom. you have to have that person's name in your icq list...then you can message them, and they can you. You can also leave messages for people on your list..when they are offline. Next time they go online, they receive it.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Can anyone tell me how to put pictures from the web in the General thread..such as the Birthday thread? I know how to attach pictures, but I wondered how to just insert a picture in there.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Is it a picture from the web, angelic_one? If so, you can just use the image tags. [img] at the beginning of the link and [ / img] (without spaces) at the end.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Leo
    Premium Member
    The first thing you need is an account with an image-hosting service. There are lots of good free ones out there, my recommendation (since I use it) is Photobucket. The key feature is they must allow hotlinking.

Next step is to upload that picture to that service. (In theory, if you found it online, you don't have to do this, but some site owners don't like that because you will run up their bandwidth.) The details will differ from site to site.

You now need to get your uploaded picture's URL on your image-hosting account.
    It should be easily found once you've uploaded it.

Once you've done that, use the site's image tags to upload a picture. The format for that goes like this:

[ img]URL of picture here[ /img]

Remove the spaces i put inside the img and /img tags to make them work. (In Photobucket, you can get the URL with the needed tags appended, so there it's just a matter of cut and paste.)

Hope this helps!

Thank you, Leo and Lucy! I'll try it.

+ Reply to Thread