+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

CCL
    Hm. We have 2 different companies involved - one which provides us with an actual internet connection and one that hosts the website etc from which our email addresses derive. It would be the second company, right?
    I should probably clarify that the problem is not that the inbox is actually full, in any shape or form. Actually, I just got a call saying that someone got their email boucned back with a response saying I was out of range (?! - our emails are not used on mobile devices) so....
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Yes, it would be the second company in your particular case. If they're sending out bounce messages that don't make sense, something is screwed up on their end.

CCL
    Ok. Thanks, Leo.

CCL
    An update.

Thanks for the computer help, Leo. I ended up talking to my mail provider. The problem was with an account which no longer existed but which hadn't been removed from the server. So it had been receiving (but not downloading) emails for years - 170 MB worth! So that was using up all our space.

Does anyone know how to reformat hardrive? If so PM me, please!!

Leo
    Premium Member
    Glad to help, CCL.

Alphabet Soup, you can find a good how-to here: http://www.cyberwalker.net/faqs/how-...stall-faq.html

You can find lots of useful answers and links there.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Question - It was time to up my subscription to Norton, so I purchased Norton 2005 upgrade. Installed it fine. However, one question was "use Norton Internet Worm Protection" (or something like that) instead of Windows Firewall - I'd have to turn the Windows Firewall off and I am assuming it uses a Norton Firewall. What's the best thing to do? I unchecked it and kept the Windows Firewall for now.

If it matters, I have DSL.

Thanks!

I use Norton Internet Security and pass the security test with flying colors. In fact, I never have any spyware either.

However, I'm sure Windows makes a very secure product as well.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I have a computer/internet security question....

Sometime between Friday afternoon to this morning, someone accessed my work computer (Internet only, no doc files) and wiped my Internet URL links, history, cookies, temp internet files pages clean. So the best I can guess, someone was somewhere they weren't supposed to be while I wasn't in the office and wanted to cover their tracks.

Given computers are siezed as part of investigations all the time, I'm sure that even though you can clear your history, there's a back door somewhere to find out what sites were visited from my computer so I can find out when and who did it (I'm in a small office, so it would be easy to pinpoint). I just don't know enough about the backdoors to know where to look and how to unlock them.

Anyone know how to gain access to info like that? Thanks!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Oh dear, Igota -- I have no idea how to find the info you want, but I AM the person who erases cookies and temporary internet files to cover her tracks. I sometimes have to work weekends at my main office and have to use someone else's computer, so that's when I do it. What nasty, XXX-rated stuff am I looking at that I don't want found? Why, the Fort, of course.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread