+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Computer help desk

Does anyone know of a safe way to delete temporary files other than DiskCleanup, or doing so in your Explorer browser in internet options?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    If by the recycler you mean the recycle bin, nope gotta keep it, that is where all the files you delete go. If your recycle bin has stuff in it, you can empty it, something that should be done periodically. I generally empty mine every month. But if you delete a lot of stuff you can empty it anytime.
    Thanks, gabriel, but I was referring to a folder that is stored on my "C" drive on my office computer (which is networked).

The name of the folder is RECYCLER. It doesn't exist on my laptop or other home computers, so I think it has to do with the network.

It seems to store cookies and stuff that I would rather delete on a regular basis.

I'm hoping maybe a network person may know what this is, what it does, why we have it, what happens to the data in it, and how we can clean it out from time to time.

THANKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Thanks, gabriel, but I was referring to a folder that is stored on my "C" drive on my office computer (which is networked).

The name of the folder is RECYCLER. It doesn't exist on my laptop or other home computers, so I think it has to do with the network.

It seems to store cookies and stuff that I would rather delete on a regular basis.

I'm hoping maybe a network person may know what this is, what it does, why we have it, what happens to the data in it, and how we can clean it out from time to time.

THANKS!!
    Looks like the network was setup so an networkee type person can monitor others sites visited blah blah blah.. I'll shut up..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Help!
    Sorry, I don't have time to go through this thread to see if this has been answered, but here's my question:

I'm moving tomorrow, and the 'logical' part of my brain just reminded me that perhaps it would be prudent to back up my computer before the dreaded move takes place.

What is the easiest way for me to do this? All I have are blank CDs (no nifty backer-upper machine). When my computer crashed last December, the computer-guy backed it up on one CD (which I still have), so I'm hoping this can be accomplished fairly easily.

Thanks.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I'm having a moment (or ten or twenty) with my machine tonight. For some reason I keep having to change the Encoding (working in Explorer, so I'm doing it through my "view" button)....when I go to pull up webpages they are missing buttons/avatars/backgrounds but when I reselect the different encoding view they work. Any ideas of what I might have accidentally reset that is making it do this?

Is there any website or service in which I can upload a video I took from my camera? I know there's lots of sites like Webshots... but is there any for videos?

If you're trying to send video to allow your friends to view it, may I recommend compressing it into .zip format and sending it along in email or instant messenger?

Just make sure both you and the recipient are broadband if it's a large video; otherwise, you're both in for a long wait.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    If you're trying to send video to allow your friends to view it, may I recommend compressing it into .zip format and sending it along in email or instant messenger?

Just make sure both you and the recipient are broadband if it's a large video; otherwise, you're both in for a long wait.
    Thanks!!!

CCL
    I don't know if anyone would have the answer to this?

I'm having a problem with my Outlook Express. Some people, when they send me emails, are getting their messages bounced back with the message saying that my inbox is full. But other messages are coming through no problem. I've done a virus check and all is fine there. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Leo
    Premium Member
    It sounds like the problem is with your mail provider. Not much you can do except complain, and that may not get much in the way of results.

+ Reply to Thread