+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What will you do New Year's Eve?

Re: What will you do New Year's Eve?

Originally posted by Brian S.
    I'm staying home and having friends over. Pretty boring, but better than nothing!
    That's not boring! I always have more fun when we have friends over (or go to their house) than when we go out for NYE. It's so much better to usher in the New Year with friends than strangers, & that's what it's all about, right?

(I've been waiting to use that emoticon!)
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

well, sadly i can barely make it to midnight these days, so i figure i'll be catching some zzzzzs!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Let's see - Sara's night-time feeding schedule has been 11pm, 3am, and 5am, then then next night it was 10pm, 2:30am, and 4:30am. My guess is that we'll be asleep by 8pm, and just maybe Sara will wake us for midnight.

This new years eve I am going to have a thyroid sonogram and a CAT scan to go along with it. We are going to get to the root of this dizziness. Other than that I would say mid-afternoon nap with the kids and stay up late watching movies of all kinds. Might even blow up the air matress for the kids to konk out on instead of tucking them into bed. Staying in to avoid all the drinking drivers or driving drinkers....either way they do not mix well. Take your designated driver with you and use them well.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Hope the results of your tests will provide you with some answers to your helath issues Fief.
    I think your New Years Eve sounds perfect.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I have always stayed home on New Years cause thats when all the amateur drinkers are out getting plowed and driving. It will be another quiet time at home watching Dick Clark drop the ball again. Do you think he is a puppet and the real guy died years ago?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Saw a report on the news last week, and apparently the most dangerous driving day now is not New Year's Eve, but the Saturday before Christmas. Because NYE has gotten so much publicity for anti-drunk driving and everyone knows the cops are out in force, it's gotten much better. But apparently everyone goes out the Saturday night before Xmas, and parties it up.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    It's another night like any other here, wife has to work, so I may stay up late and listen to the last show of Art Bell on the radio. I will have to take a mega nap in order to do that since I am asleep at 8pm everynight. get up t 3:45 am. I really don't want to miss that. plus got all the marathon t.v. shows to choose from, buffy, twilight zones and whatervers.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Originally posted by John
    Saw a report on the news last week, and apparently the most dangerous driving day now is not New Year's Eve, but the Saturday before Christmas. Because NYE has gotten so much publicity for anti-drunk driving and everyone knows the cops are out in force, it's gotten much better. But apparently everyone goes out the Saturday night before Xmas, and parties it up.
    Hmmm, that's really interesting! I would guess a lot of companies have their office parties that night too....
    Last edited by BravoFan; 12-29-2002 at 06:34 PM.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Princess
    Funny... I'm usually a nightowl, except NY eve, when I find it extremely difficult to stay up until midnight!
    I'll probably celebrate with friends as usual, no biggie, but nice.

Maybe you've all seen this one before, but I think it's pretty neat - I sent this link with my NY-cards to friends. Nice "do it yourself fireworks" over the Statue of Liberty:
    http://doody36.home.attbi.com/liberty.htm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast