+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Web designer needed

Web designer needed

My crisis center desparately needs a new website designed. Unfortunately I don't know enough HTML to do it correctly, and unbelievably I don't have any volunteers who do either!

If there's anyone out there who would like to do a site out of the goodness of their heart and/or to put in their portfolio, let me know. It needs to be done soon since we'll be recruiting new volunteers in August.

Basically, here's what we need:
    Intro page w/ contact info
    application that can be filled out online, then sent to our email
    Links page
    Members-only section with message board, calendar and on-line schedule (if that's possible)

I posted this last year and got response, but the person vanished after working on it for six months! We've had five other people do the same thing, so if you do offer, make really sure that you have the skills and the time.

thanks!

MollyRose, all I can do is to wish you good luck with your project.

FORT Fogey
    MollyRose, maybe you could try and contact your local community college.

Perhaps the head of their IT Department could put you in touch with (or initiate) a program whereby advanced students would be willing to work on your website for free in exchange for practical credit towards their degree.

It would be a win/win; it would provide good practical application of their skills for them (as well as the portfolio you mentioned for a resume) and it would provide you with an unending supply of webdesigners over the years and always designers studying the latest technologies.

Good luck. A Crisis Center sounds like a worthy cause.
    Last edited by Daddio; 06-14-2004 at 03:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread