+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are those?

FORT Fogey

What are those?

Ok, I have been searching high and low for these wooden blocks that I remember playing with in Kindergarten. I want to get them for my kids at the daycare that I work at. They are simply large wooden blocks that they can stack up and build a house with that you can live in, or you can build other things as well... does anyone know what I'm talking about? I have been searching the internet for a place I can get these blocks, but I don't even know how to describe it.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Dfleming,
    These are not made out of wood, but they may be a good substitute. They are also inexpensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...901942960&rd=1

toothdoc

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    Ok, I have been searching high and low for these wooden blocks that I remember playing with in Kindergarten. I want to get them for my kids at the daycare that I work at. They are simply large wooden blocks that they can stack up and build a house with that you can live in, or you can build other things as well... does anyone know what I'm talking about? I have been searching the internet for a place I can get these blocks, but I don't even know how to describe it.

Thanks a lot.
    I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but these come in starter sets and master sets:

http://www.toystogrowon.com/display/...7040967&id=931
    Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind

FORT Fogey
    thank you to both of you... neither one is actually what I was thinking of, but those cardboard ones may work better (it will hurt less when one of the kids inevitably throws it at another child...)

So I went to purchase those from ebay, but they only ship within the US... I'll keep looking.

Are you talking about the old Lincoln Logs?
    Gosh, I loved those things! We can get them where I live.

There are so many health and safety issues in education now that it's likely that the wooden blocks have been banned!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Darnit, DF, you're making me feel young - I can barely remember those

Anyways, I found this website on them: http://www.youngbuilder.com/brand/lincoln_logs.cfm

If that doesn't work, then go to 'Search by brand', as that may have what you're looking for.

Debbie

well dfleming- I guess you talked the seller into shipping to you because you won the item
    I hope your kids enjoy them!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    duxxy... I thought you were joking...

I didn't realize I bought them... now I have to see what the seller can do about the whole situation. If anyone in the US is willing to use their address, and then ship it up to me (at my expense of course) Please PM me! I'm hoping that I can work something out with the seller, but if not, it would be great if someone would do that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast