+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What are those?

the sellers are usually pretty easy to work a deal with. If your seller doesnt want to ship to you then he/she can cancel your bid and award it to the next best bid. No worry either way.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I don't know how big a box it would be but it might end up costing more than the blocks. So it probably is worth the trouble to renegotiate with the seller.

If you find you need to have it shipped to a U.S. address, I can help you. I'm on the West Coast, you probably want to find whoever's closest to you on a straight line between the seller and yourself.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

your seller has an 800 number df - you could call and explain.

the only difference in shipping inside the US and over to Canada is you have to fill out one little piece of green paper - a customs declairation. it's not really a big deal .. (that's how I usually convince US only sellers to ship to me ) .. that and I use paypal
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Those blocks look great, I am so tempted to bid on a set, my boys would love them (what kid would not ). Also, scrolling down they had a disclaimer that said that they might ship to Canada, but asked on approval prior to bidding. So I would think they would send to Canada in your case (I imagine they just might be concerned about payment method in international orders).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    the sellers are usually pretty easy to work a deal with. If your seller doesnt want to ship to you then he/she can cancel your bid and award it to the next best bid. No worry either way.

A bid can't be "canceled" after an auction has ended. This is why there are 2 or 3 confirmation screens before placing a bid. They can let you out of the sale and file for a refund of their fees if they want to do so. Some prefer to be difficult.

The seller states that they will ship to Canada "by approval" (but they also list Hawaii and Alaska as separate from the US). I also suggest calling, people tend to be nicer on the phone than through email.

Can you tell I've been doing too many auctions lately.

FORT Fogey
    I don't recall going through any confirmation screens which is why I was so surprised that I bid on it....

I didn't realize there was an 800 number on it... I would be paying with Paypal anyway

I saw this:
    Auction ended early with Buy It Now
    So maybe you clicked "buy" instead of "bid"? I don't know, I hardly ebay anymore.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

df2, the wooden blocks you were originally thinking of are called "unit blocks". I believe they are quite expensive and would hurt if used as a weapon. Google "unit blocks" and you'll find all kinds of places selling them.

I bought my daughter the cardboard blocks when she was about two. She is almost fifteen and her little brother still plays with them. I think I bought them from Lillian Vernon, but couldn't find them on the website. Maybe it was Miles Kimball? I do remember they were shipped flat and there was minor folding and tucking for assembly.

Anyway, if your ebay deal falls through, google "cardboard blocks".
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

FORT Fogey
    yes veejer, I finally found them:

but $200.00 American for 16 bloody blocks? That's absolutely insane! That's enough for one of my 25 children

I'll try to make this cardboard thing work... Thank you sooooo much for everyone's help at trying to figure out what I meant with such a vague description. Y'all are great!

ETA: yes I think that's what happened hepcat. I sent an e-mail explaining that I'm a moron, and that I would love to try and make it work anyway. I figured they wouldn't answer the toll-free number on weekends (and definitely not after 8:00)

If I haven't gotten a response by Monday, I will phone.

FORT Fogey
    Whew... I just got an e-mail from the seller of those cardboard "bloxes" and he is extremely helpful, and will ship them to me after all

That means I can sleep tonight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast