+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help!!

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar
    I really did want to write my speech on reality TV....But i got stuck half way through....I had some awsome ideas about a speech on prejudice....So here it is....

*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~ *~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~

We have all faced it at one time or another, either first hand or had it happen to a friend. No one can hide from prejudice forever the truth is it is everywhere. Racism, Sexism, and judgment being held against people who chose to have an open sexuality. These are just a few examples of the vast amounts of prejudice.

The bible does state that Homosexuality is wrong but does that mean you have to make fun and torture people because of who they chose to date. If you follow that one verse in the bible then shouldn’t you follow them all, the bible does state it’s all right to beat your wife. Now I’m not here to contradict the bible or anything but I want to get a message through to you that prejudice is everywhere, and the only person who can stop it is you. I might sound like Smokey the bear or something but it’s the truth. People get beat up, made fun of and down right tortured for being “different” but the truth is there not different we are all people no matter what they look like or how they chose to act.

Sexism has been around as long as men and woman have. At first the only job for a woman was to have children, cook and clean for their husbands and stay at home all day. As time progressed woman were given places at work although men still got paid more for doing the same work. Woman everywhere got sick of this and started protesting for their rights. Soon woman received the right to vote. Now woman can do anything men can and get paid the same amount for doing the same job. I’m not saying that sexism is only against woman but it is the main form of it.

Racism has always been a big problem. People get tortured because we are all not the same color. Look beyond skin color people we are all the same. We may not look the same or act the same but we all have a heart and a liver and lungs, which makes us all human. Even if someone is “different” does that mean you have to leave them out of everything you do. Take some time out of your busy life and get to know them maybe they can become your best friend, maybe you will hate their guts but don’t hate them just because of the color of their skin.

Discrimination against people because of their sexuality, in my opinion the worst form of prejudice. Yes like I said at the beginning of my speech the bible does say homosexuality is wrong. But have you ever read the bible it says a lot of things that don’t make any sense in today’s terms. Again I’m repeating myself but I’m only saying if man had wrote the bible now a days I’m sure a lot of things would have been different. There have been people that have been bullied to the point of suicide all because they chose to date someone of the same sex. I have witnessed people that aren’t even gay get bullied and tortured. Is this the way we want our children to act picking on people because they don’t feel good enough about themselves. That’s the only reason I can find in my mind why people would want to find stupid reasons to bully people. To all of you out there who still chose to bully people because of their race, sex, or sexuality welcome to the 21st century people can be “different” without being ridiculed. Think about it next time you chose to torture someone.
    peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

Quote Originally Posted by madbanana
    To all of you out there who still chose to bully people because of their race, sex, or sexuality welcome to the 21st century people can be “different” without being ridiculed. Think about it next time you chose to torture someone.
    Wow. Madbanana, that was some impassioned speech! Great job.

Now, don't you feel like giving a huge sigh of relief that it's finished?
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12