+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Job Interviews

I am going to resurrect this thread

Is there such a thing as being too prepared for an interview?

Obviously I am going to have an interview for a teaching job. I have my portfolio, resume, credentials, and all other documents that they asked me to bring ready to go. I have done quite a bit of research on the school/district. I have a list of questions ready to ask and few pages of questions that they might ask me

I have a tendency to become quite flustered so I like to be prepared.

Is there anything I am not thinking of, interview wise?
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    Is there such a thing as being too prepared for an interview?

Obviously I am going to have an interview for a teaching job. I have my portfolio, resume, credentials, and all other documents that they asked me to bring ready to go. I have done quite a bit of research on the school/district. I have a list of questions ready to ask and few pages of questions that they might ask me

. . .

Is there anything I am not thinking of, interview wise?
    Um, if I were you I would leave out the part about how you like to hang out in Vegas with the handsome "American Storm" boys!!!

Last edited by Pomeraniac; 06-08-2006 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    Um, if I were you I would leave out the part about how you like to hang out in Vegas with the handsome "American Storm" boys!!!

I will have to keep my trips to Vegas quiet.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I will have to keep my trips to Vegas quiet.

Well that is why they say "What happens in Vegas, STAYS in Vegas", right? Were they thinking about you JLuvs when they came up with the slogan??
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Well that is why they say "What happens in Vegas, STAYS in Vegas", right? Were they thinking about you JLuvs when they came up with the slogan??
    For some reason I think what I do in Vegas is pretty tame, but I do go and see the boys every time.
    -Bono

Sounds like you are well-prepared Jluvs!

Good luck Jluvs. It is good to be prepared. However, when they ask a question, take a beat, rather than immediately answering. It looks like you are thinking about the question even if you already have the answer prepared. Also, I have found it helps me to calm myself, and not babble. Also, and this is hard, try to take your cue from the interviewer/s body language, words, if you can. They will expect you to be nervous, but eye contact, etc. is important...I am sure you know this. Sometimes when a person is so nervous it is hard to focus outside of yourself. Sounds like you are really prepared though, and that is the best thing!!!

Re: Job Interviews

Revisiting this thread as I have two interviews next Tuesday

The advice here really helped me remain calm last time and help me feel more prepared, so I hope that it works again.
    -Bono

Good luck with the interviews JLuvs!

I have been a stay-at-home mom for the last 7 1/2 years. I babysat for the first 5 of them. I just finished school this spring to be a Vet Tech. The hubby and I talked and I am going to start job hunting after the summer. I want to spend one more summer pool side and at home with my boys. Preston is almost 5 and will be starting school soon, so I want to spend a little more time at home with him. So...when the summer is over, I get to rejoin the working stiffs! I'm a little torn. I enjoy staying home, taking care of the family, and having an intimate, all day long, relationship with my beloved computer and the Fort, but I'm ready to go back to work. I enjoy talking to people and I feel as if I'm cut off from that being home all day. But, I'm a little nervous, too. The interview process doesn't worry me too much. I will be sure to check out this thread when the time comes, though.

JLuvs: Good luck with the interviews!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread