+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Job Interviews

Re: Job Interviews

I have a job interview on Friday, the 27th at a local law firm! Wish me luck!!
    beerbelly likes this.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Best of luck, Lil Bit! You are sure to wow them. Fingers crossed for you next Friday!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Good luck on your job interview Lil Bit.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I have a job interview on Friday, the 27th at a local law firm! Wish me luck!!
    Good Luck Lil Bit!

We'll all be sending our good vibes on Friday.
    How could you possibly go wrong
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Good luck on your interview Lil Bit!

I'm headed for my first "real" job interview and it's a doozy! I've been in academia most of my life and sort of "fell" into my current position while I was finishing my PhD (no interview required). I applied for a faculty position at a University in Ontario and they're flying me out for an interview next Mon-Tues. Yes...it's a TWO day interview. They sent me an itinerary and pretty much every hour is blocked off for seminars (I give two seminars...one on my research and one teaching), meetings with students/faculty, lunch with dignitaries, etc etc. I'm extremely nervous but so excited! This position is perfect for me (I read the posting and it was like it was written FOR me). It'll be a big move if I get it but I'll cross that bridge if I get to it!
    beerbelly and canadian_angel like this.
    Don't let the small things sweat

Wow Spoose! That's impressive. And I'm nervous about my little interview!! I wish you the best of luck.

I'm applying today for another position that I think I would rather have than the one I am interviewing for on Friday. The hours are perfect for my life, wonderful benefits, and I know a few people who work there who tell me it is a great place to work.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Wow Spoose and Lil Bit! So Exciting for you both!!!

I am starting a job on Monday in the dept. I tried to get a job at a few years ago. It is temporary but may turn into something more? No interview needed as they simply reassigned me from my current job. But I think applying for those jobs that I didn't get caused them to notice my work in a new way. I am getting more pay, too! And I will work with people who are very excited to have me help them with a big project.
    candor, captain, Hyper and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie View Post
    I am starting a job on Monday in the dept. I tried to get a job at a few years ago. It is temporary but may turn into something more? No interview needed as they simply reassigned me from my current job. But I think applying for those jobs that I didn't get caused them to notice my work in a new way. I am getting more pay, too! And I will work with people who are very excited to have me help them with a big project.
    Well best of luck in your new department. If there is a permanent or long-time opening it sounds as if you would be on the fast track there.

It also sounds as if the people in that department will be nice to work with and that they appreciate you ... so they must be a smart bunch!

Buy yourself a treat with that extra pay ... and in a week or two let us know how it's going!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread