+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Job Interviews

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Job Interviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2997707;
    Congratulations?
    But ewwwww -- Alabama.
    I went to Alabama to visit my inlaws.
    NEVER AGAIN.
    Ummmm.....I'm just going to assume that the "NEVER AGAIN" applied to your inlaws rather than my state?

pakacat, I'm in North Alabama so, unfortunately, that isn't near Auburn but, as with ANY state, there will be good and bad....it is a college town so there should be plenty of activities to do...there is a HUGE football rivalry between Auburn University (WAR EAGLE)and the University of Alabama (ROLL TIDE) so you can expect that it is a BIG deal during football season (last game of the season)......I've had friends that have lived near Auburn who had transferred from out of state and they loved it....

Best of luck to you and hubbie on the relocating...

veejer, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that something good will come along!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3001024;
    Ummmm.....I'm just going to assume that the "NEVER AGAIN" applied to your inlaws rather than my state?
    Inlaws primarily (actually, just inlaw now). But also their town. No offense, but I've really no desire whatsoever to go to Huntsville ever again.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3001048;
    Inlaws primarily (actually, just inlaw now). But also their town. No offense, but I've really no desire whatsoever to go to Huntsville ever again.
    I read somewhere that Huntsville has the highest education per capita of any other city because of the NASA Space Flight Center and the Redstone arsenal. Guessing they have a lot of rocket scientists there. I have a very good friend from Huntsville who moved there from Cincinnati and while it was culture shock at first, she ended up loving Huntsville.

And Alabama is great. What other state has had a hit song (well Georgia I guess. ) written about them: Sweet Home Alabama?
    Last edited by MRD; 05-16-2008 at 06:59 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3001338;
    And Alabama is great. What other state has had a hit song (well Georgia I guess. ) written about them: Sweet Home Alabama?
    Blue Moon of Kentucky? California Dreaming? Indiana Wants Me?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3001048;
    OMG...Huntsville is where you went? While it may not compare to your hometown of San Diego (been there-its nice), Huntsville is great. Its about 45 minutes from me and there is alot to do there. It's a big city but not one of those where the pollution overwhelms you or the traffic pisses you off constantly. It has plenty of cultural activities since there is a wide variety of nationalities living there because of the Space & Rocket Center, Redstone Arsenal and Boeing, its a college town (UAH), it has a minor league baseball team (where Mark McGwire once played), a minor league hockey team, arena football team and hey Mike Boogie (Big Brother) just opened up one of his Dolce restaurants there!

Sorry you had a bad experience with Huntsville but I will have to be sure and sing its praises to others here on the board...
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Relocate America has released it's top 10 best cities to live in and guess what? Huntsville is number 9 on the list. The South has 5 of the top 10 cities. And my city is number 4!!!! Greenville!

1. Charlotte, N.C.

2. San Antonio, Texas

3. Chattanooga, Tenn.

4. Greenville, S.C.

5. Tulsa, Okla.

6. Stevens Point, Wis.

7. Asheville, N.C.

8. Albuquerque, N.M.

9. Huntsville, Ala.

10. Seattle, Wash.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2998476;
    An update on my job interview on 4/30. It went well, and they were hoping to get it down to two applicants by the next week and have someone start by the middle of the month. Well, I have heard nothing since then and it was two weeks ago yesterday. And it is already the middle of the month. Chalk it up to experience.
    I got a "We were very impressed with you, yada yada yada, but we hired someone else" letter today, dated and postmarked yesterday. It is actually kind of funny in a warped way because I saw the woman that I had interviewed with at a school event last night. We made eye contact and I smiled. She averted her gaze. I figured that either she was embarrassed that they were moving so slow or (correctly) that I wasn't one of the final two and she just hadn't called me yet. She was obviously uncomfortable, but I wasn't.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3002376;
    Relocate America has released it's top 10 best cities to live in . . .
    What was its criteria? Personally, I can't see myself choosing to move to any of the cities on the list. If I were to move, the only city I might prefer to San Diego is San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3002721;
    What was its criteria? Personally, I can't see myself choosing to move to any of the cities on the list. If I were to move, the only city I might prefer to San Diego is San Francisco.
    (Too late to edit)
    Make that my only U.S. city.
    (There are some cities in Germany and France where I'd love to live.)
    If the weather were better, Boston and Chicago would be on my okay list.

I googled "relocate america" and came up with the following:

Real Estate and Home Buying Site- Relocate-America's 2008 Top 100 Places to Live

Welcome to Relocate America's 11th Annual Top 100 Places To Live! Throughout the year, we accept nominations for cities & towns throughout the country to be considered as a "great place to live". The nominating parties must include their own reasons why they feel their city should make the list. The nominations, along with key data regarding education, environmental greenworthiness, economic opportunity, parks & recreation choices and real estate & home ownership options are reviewed, rated & judged by our editorial team. We list the TOP 100 places to live and rank the TOP 10 on consistency and number of nominations received.
    San Diego was in the top 100. I couldn't find specific rankings.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread