+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Job Interviews

Re: Job Interviews

I'm meeting the CEO on Thursday, that's the last step in the interview process. So I'm really, really close now (which would make it suck even more if I don't get it).

I have something to keep me busy this week as well, the Swedish radiation protection Authority are having a drill here this week and I'm in charge of one of the exercises. Luckily I'm just working Tuesday - Thursday noon, and when they called from the other company they wanted to see me on Thursday afternoon. That's luck! Let's hope it keeps on and I'll get the job.

The meeting with the CEO went well, in my opinion. He talked about what job they would give me and the tasks I would have. They haven't run a safety check on me (since it's in nuclear power they must know that I'm not a threat to national security) and they can't offer me anything until they do. Today they'll be calling my references so hopefully they'll say good things about me, I also left my letter of recommendation, which they said were good.

They'll contact me by next week and hopefully I can move into the good news thread and leave this one behind for a while...

Sounds great, femme. I don't think they'd go to the trouble of checking references and so forth if they didn't want to hire you. We'll keep waiting for more good news.

After sending out lots of resumes, I've finally got another interview!!! Wednesday afternoon for a part-time job at the offices of a neighboring city.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Good luck, veejer!

Good luck veejer!!

My husband was recently laid off from his latest job, but just had an interview that went really well-- they offered him the job on the spot, and he accepted. The problem? It is in Auburn, AL... looks like we are relocating! So now it will be time to start the job hunt up there for myself... it is a nice college town, and I have to think I can find something up there. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2997698;
    My husband was recently laid off from his latest job, but just had an interview that went really well-- they offered him the job on the spot, and he accepted. The problem? It is in Auburn, AL... looks like we are relocating!
    Congratulations?
    But ewwwww -- Alabama.
    I went to Alabama to visit my inlaws.
    NEVER AGAIN.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2997707;
    Congratulations?
    But ewwwww -- Alabama.
    I went to Alabama to visit my inlaws.
    NEVER AGAIN.
    Thanks! Now I'm worried... Lifelong FL gal; have traveled a bunch, but have never lived outside of the state. Luckily, my first impressions of the town were pretty good. I admit though that I'm REALLY hoping something comes through for one of us, either locally or in Western N.C. (where I've wanted to relocate if we had to do so) very quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by pakacat;2997698;
    My husband was recently laid off from his latest job, but just had an interview that went really well-- they offered him the job on the spot, and he accepted. The problem? It is in Auburn, AL... looks like we are relocating! So now it will be time to start the job hunt up there for myself... it is a nice college town, and I have to think I can find something up there. Hopefully.
    Congratulations, pakacat!!! I know I've heard several Forters mention that they live in Alabama. Maybe you could start a thread asking residents to give you tips.

An update on my job interview on 4/30. It went well, and they were hoping to get it down to two applicants by the next week and have someone start by the middle of the month. Well, I have heard nothing since then and it was two weeks ago yesterday. And it is already the middle of the month. Chalk it up to experience.

There were some ads in yesterday's once-a-week local paper that I'm going to respond to today.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

+ Reply to Thread