+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Job Interviews

Re: Job Interviews

Good luck Femme! Your English is awesome especially for a second language. I bet you speak more than two, as Europeans generally have it all over North Americans in that regard!

So, I had the interview yesterday. It's so hard to say whether it went good or not, basically it's about what they're looking for. I had prepared myself by thinking of typical questions and I did dress properly as well. The good thing was that they were hiring several people, 4 or 5, so they wanted all kinds of people, even recently graduated, which is good for me, obviously. I sent them a note today (I hope, I didn't have the HR person's email so I went for firstname.lastname@company.com, which some other people on the website had), thanking for the opportunity and saying that I hope to move on since the job seemed very interesting.

I will know in about two weeks, if I'll move on to the next step, which will be a personality test so please keep all of your fingers crossed for me!

Good luck Femme...knock'em dead. I am sure you will do well!

Good Luck femme!!!

I applied today for a different job with the school system, so now I'm waiting to see if I hear from them. From what I understand, my earlier first interview will be used again for any jobs that I apply for with the schools. So if I'm called it would be for a second interview.

Well that was fast. My phone jingled about a ring and a half at 2:42, but stopped before I could get to it. I checked caller id and it was the school system. So then my stomach was in knots about why they had hung up. It took the curriculum director 20 minutes to call again. He asked some questions and after a while I realize that this is my second interview!!!! He was considering three applicants and wants to make a decision before the end of the week.

That's great Veejer! My fingers are crossed for you! Good luck!

The curriculum director just called me with a "no". Someone already employed by the school district applied and they went with that person. It is very hard to get your foot in the school door.

He did say that I had an excellent phone interview and my credentials are great and he was putting a note in my file for anyone else looking for someone.

So I'll keep looking.

I'm sorry this didn't work out for you, veejer. But that just means that there's something even better waiting for you.

Woo-hoo!!
    I just found out that I've made it to the next (and final) step of the interview process! I will do a personality test and then meet them on the 20th to discuss the results. I've never done anything like that before, but I guess that's the corporate world. I'm really excited to have moved on becuase I really, really want the job, it sounded so interesting.

Well, I finally got hired-- friend is taking me on to work in his restaurant for as long as I want to. Fortunately, the interview for this one will only be a formality. LOL, I don't know if I have the traits to last long at it (with my lack of dexterity, I can see platters of food flying everywhere), but hey, it is work, will hold me over until something else comes through, and will allow me to start saving up for another degree or grad school. The job market is so bad in this area right now that any job is a blessing. Lately, even though I've worked on my resume and put in for a lot of jobs, I'm not even getting any interview offers, and for jobs that I know I'm more than qualified for!

+ Reply to Thread