+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Job Interviews

Re: Job Interviews

I did pretty well on the skills assessment, so now I just have to wait and see what I hear from them. The person I interviewed with said that I'd hear from them for sure next week sometime, either I was moving on in the process or not.

I think this is the hardest part in the interview process - just sitting around waiting. I hope your hear good news very soon.

I just arrived home to a message on the answering machine from the HR director, "The department head has declined to call you in for a second interview. We'll keep your application on file, yada, yada, yada." I guess that wasn't the job for me.

She said to call her if I had any questions. Would it be appropriate to ask where I could improve myself?

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2497107;
    I just arrived home to a message on the answering machine from the HR director, "The department head has declined to call you in for a second interview. We'll keep your application on file, yada, yada, yada." I guess that wasn't the job for me.

She said to call her if I had any questions. Would it be appropriate to ask where I could improve myself?
    I would veejer. You don't have anything to lose by asking.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

I don't see anything wrong in asking that. Then if, for some reason, the person they select doesn't work out, it would show them that you are interested in improving. What do you have to lose?

That's too bad, Veejer.

I would call and ask them. Like ScoutMom said, if the one who did get the job doesn't work out, the school will remember your interest. Also, should another job in the school open up and you apply for that, they will know that you are serious about working for the school district.

Thanks everyone. I called her back this afternoon to ask if there was any area in which I could improve and she basically said no, that it was an issue of lots of qualified applicants.

There is another job with the schools for which I am still being considered.

I will definately look through this thread now, started and you have some good tips. I just got an interview, so next Tuesday I must knock them down. It's for a position as a nuclear power engineers, I didn't think I would get an interview as nuclear power is not my main subject, I just applied since it was physics related. But I hope that I can work more in nuclear safety, I've studied that more.

So wish me luck for next Tuesday, I will check out all of your advice by then as well.
    Last edited by femme fatale; 08-20-2007 at 09:06 AM.

[QUOTEIt's for a position as a nuclear power egineers][/QUOTE]Start by spelling "engineer" correctly

Good luck!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2535705;
    [QUOTEIt's for a position as a nuclear power egineers]
    Start by spelling "engineer" correctly

Good luck!
    It's now edited! At least I can spell it in Swedish though

+ Reply to Thread