+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Job Interviews

Re: Job Interviews

Good luck Veejer! Hope you get the job!

I know a few moms who have gone to work for the school district, in the library, in the front office, as teachers' aides, etc. Hours are great, days off when school is not in session - snowdays, half days, teacher conference days, the summer or most of it! Some have to put in two weeks during the summer, so that things still run smoothly. But they love the hours as they are home when the kiddies are home, and at work when the kiddies are at school.

Keep us posted!

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Veejer, relax and have fun on the interview. Your sparkling personality is bound to shine through!

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2484015;
    I applied online to a non-teaching position in our local school district on Monday, the first day it was posted. The posting will be up until the end of today, but I received a phone call yesterday to schedule an interview.

Now I'm a nervous wreck!!!! I've been a stay at home mom for 18 years with just a little experience in the past few years helping out at my FIL's company when one of their office workers was on medical leave. Of course, I've got a lot of volunteer experience too.

I need to bring a hard copy resume, basically the information that I plugged into their online form in resume format, and three letters of recommendation. That is the hard part, getting a hold of people that I've volunteered with this time of year to get a letter by Tuesday.

I'd better reread this whole thread before the interview first thing Wednesday morning!!!!

YAY, veej!!!!

The one big thing that I would tell you, too, is to not downplay your volunteer experience! I guarantee you that there is a lot that you can use from your volunteer experiences that would demonstrate all of the characteristics that this district would want for the position. Don't think that because it wasn't a paying job that it's not as relevant.

Just go in there and sell yourself. You're awesome and you know it.

veejer, you'll do great. I only stayed home with my daughter until she was four and I was very nervous getting back into the job market. I can't imagine how you must feel. I've got a wonderful job now, though, and I know you'll do the same. Best of luck to you. You deserve it!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Best of luck to you, Veejer. And ITA with Broadway - don't downplay the volunteer experience. Just the fact that you volunteer your time says a lot about you. Please let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!!!! Tomorrow morning at 8:30!!!!

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Well??? You can't leave us hanging here, veej. Come tell us how it went!

Well, I survived!!! Who knows how well I did?

It was a values interview. "If you knew a co-worker was cheating on their time card, what would you do?" "Do you work better by yourself or part of a team?" "If two co-workers are getting into a heated argument over something you consider trivial, what would you do?" "If a co-worker looked emotionally upset, what would you do?" "If you were getting conflicting assignments from different people in your department, what would you do?" I don't think I fell on my face, but I had to stop and think a lot.

I did get sent to take a skills assessment (Word & Excel) at a placement type place. I'm scheduled for Friday morning, so I'm brushing up on my Excel.

FORT Fogey

i always do bad on my interviews because i have terrible a accent.
    i'd rather be interviewed by a man than a woman (no offense ladies). I just do worse with them

veejer - It sounds promising if they sent you for a skills assessment. Keep up the good work - and make sure you keep us posted.

+ Reply to Thread