+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PhotoShop/editing

PhotoShop/editing

hey,
    i noticed there was a Art thread, but i thought i would make a PhotoShop thread.
    anyone here good with Adobe Photoshop?
    and anyone have some original work?
    right now i am just focusing on trying to make pics transparent so i can put them together and stuff. it is hard to go around the edges with people, there are still white spots and stuff.
    well i just started so i haven't anything done yet

I'd just go ahead and put it in the other "Art" thread, DJ, it's still art just not done in the tradituional manner, you know!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxay
    hey,
    i noticed there was a Art thread, but i thought i would make a PhotoShop thread.
    anyone here good with Adobe Photoshop?
    and anyone have some original work?
    right now i am just focusing on trying to make pics transparent so i can put them together and stuff. it is hard to go around the edges with people, there are still white spots and stuff.
    well i just started so i haven't anything done yet
    I've been playing with photoshop since discovering Worth1000 . I've taken people from photos and put them on different back grounds a few times. What I do is start large with a low tolerance on the background eraser tool, then go in close to clean up the remaining stuff. Yes, it's tedious, but worth it.

Most of mine are here

I also did the banner and staff pic here

Nothing to write home about, but if I can do it with my limited talent, most anyone should be able to
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Hey DJD, I've seen some of the ANTM covers you did . Like queenb has mentioned, there are digital art in the Art thread too, so feel free to share your art there.

Quote Originally Posted by DjDeluxy
    I'm sure there are more than one method, so these are just my suggestions. For what you're trying to do the pen tool is great to cut out paths, then you can create a selections from the path. The pen takes a bit of time to learn but you get great control. An easier way is to use the magic wand tool, and shift + click until you get all the areas you want. This takes more time but the results are usually pretty good. You can adjust the tolerance level too with this tool, and use it on backgrounds. But you should experiment with PS to find the way you like best. Good luck!

Cute photo work Tracylee, I like the cats one
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

FORT Fogey
    I don't do any photoshopping, but Worth 1000 has some GREAT tutorials and people who will be willing to help you out. EDIT- I noticed tracylee already mentioned worth 1000, duh.

Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by makerc
    Cute photo work Tracylee, I like the cats one

Thanks! We put that on out Christmas Cards, so dh told everyone it took trips to 3 malls before we could get someone to sit with them. Other people ask if that's him with the cats. I just hope the people who's baby was there originally don't mind.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

DJ,
    I'm a graphic designer and I work in Photoshop almost every day. I use Photoshop to make artwork for report covers, and other print materials. It is a very versitile program. One cool thing I do at my job is before/after renderings. We take photographs of a road, and then "draw" the new road into the picture. It shows what right-of-way will be taken with the new project, and how the area will look when it is finished.

One thing that I find helpful in cutting people/things out of a picture to make a collage is to use the quick mask feature. This website might be helpful: http://www.spoono.com/photoshop/tuto....php?url=masks It shows all the different ways you can use masks to select things in pictures. Quick mask gives you the most control, and is the most forgiving for beginners.

Honorary Fraggle
    my friend and i are working on a graphic novel and doing the illustrations with photoshop. we take his drawings, scan them, and do the "inking" with PS. i know there's Adobe Illustrator out there, but PS works so much better imo.

Premium Member
    I've actually started learning it recently, I'm having a blast. All I've really made so far is avatars and wallpapers.

Thanks for the tip Harmoj! I'd never even used the quick mask feature, I am definitely going to that site. There are just so many parts to this program, it gets overwhelmimg. Also thanks for the worth1000 tips, I see some tutorials there too.

Oh, I usually adjust tolerance and use the magic eraser tool for cutting people out of images. If that doesn't completely work, I usually zoom like crazy and just use the eraser or wand pixel by pixel. There's probably a better way though. I just can't get the hang of the pen tool.
    Last edited by geekgirl; 06-04-2004 at 03:18 PM.

This thread is a great idea. I have PS but have no idea how to use it to full capability. I pretty much only use it re-size & crop images. I am especially inspired by all the groovy things I've seen all the ANTMers do!

Any other good tutorials other than the Worth 1000 one? I'll check that one out too though.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast