+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PhotoShop/editing

Yes I checked out Worth1000. That's a great link tracylee and pinkieparrot. The example work were amazing.

If you want more tutorials, I also like Web Monkey. They explain concepts and tools well.
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

thanks SnowFlake Girl
    well here is my first piece, i was trying to go for a "Kill Daivid?" thing. oh well.
    did the harry potter for practice and since the movie is today

Victoria
    Harry

Premium Member
    Jeez. I've had trouble finding good tutorials. :phhht I should have just asked here.

Premium Member
    You can't remote link from Geocities. Here you go.

Geekgirl,
    The quick mask would be perfect for you. When you put Photoshop into quick mask mode, you can use the paintbrush or airbrush to "paint" the parts of the image you want to select. As you paint the image, a red transparency will show you where you are painting. If you paint a part of the image that you don't want to select, you can use the eraser to correct your goof. If you use the airbrush tool on the edges, it will give you a soft edge, or you can use the paintbrush to be more precise. Once you have all the parts of the image you want to select, then leave quick mask mode. All the parts of the image that you "painted" while in quick mask mode will be selected. Then you can convert into a path for a clipping path, or simply delete the selected part to make the background transparent. This gives you lots of control over what you are selecting, and it's a lot easer then the pen tool. Plus, if you convert the selection to a path, you can use the pen tools to tweak the path!

Photoshop is so cool.

Thanks MakerC, I'll totally check out Web Monkey.

Don't laugh at my lameness--My first PS projects have been doctoring up the ABI station avs. Just to change the backgrounds to some of famous places around town.

Hollywood:
    [IMG]images/img/av_hollywood.jpg[/IMG]

World Famous Pink's Hot Dogs on La Brea:
    [IMG]images/img/av_Pinks.jpg[/IMG]

Me & the hubby in Santa Monica:
    [IMG]images/img/av_santamonicaferriswheelmr.jp g[/IMG]

Oh, okay. Go on and laugh at my lameness.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'm a photo-manipulating moron, but I like the Gimp http://www.gimp.org/ . It runs on all platforms (Linux, Windows, you name it) you can script it with Perl and best of all, it is totally free. Just download and go. There is even a book avalible only on how to use the Gimp, and that's free too.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmoj
    Geekgirl,
    The quick mask would be perfect for you. When you put Photoshop into quick mask mode, you can use the paintbrush or airbrush to "paint" the parts of the image you want to select. As you paint the image, a red transparency will show you where you are painting. If you paint a part of the image that you don't want to select, you can use the eraser to correct your goof. If you use the airbrush tool on the edges, it will give you a soft edge, or you can use the paintbrush to be more precise. Once you have all the parts of the image you want to select, then leave quick mask mode. All the parts of the image that you "painted" while in quick mask mode will be selected. Then you can convert into a path for a clipping path, or simply delete the selected part to make the background transparent. This gives you lots of control over what you are selecting, and it's a lot easer then the pen tool. Plus, if you convert the selection to a path, you can use the pen tools to tweak the path!
    Thanks, I will try that tonight. I desperately want to redo this wallpaper, it looks TERRIBLE at my desktop resolution. All those big blur lines between the guys and the red part.

It's a little hard since the band loves to have pics taken against a black background, with their black hair and black hats. :phhht

(click for full size if you actually care )

Geekgirl, how did you get your desktop like that? StyleXP?
    i want mines to be different than default

Premium Member
    I use a program called Object Desktop from Stardock, it includes a whole bunch of skinning programs. It's kind of expensive though. I just can't stand the defaults.

I mostly use WindowBlinds and Objectdock (which is free).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast