+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trivia Fanatics?

Trivia Fanatics?

I was just curious if anyone else here was a trivia fanatic??
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I think it's been pretty well confirmed that I am a fount of useless obscure knowledge.

FORT Fogey
    I love my useless triva. Takes up the part of my brain that would otherwise be occupied by silly things like knowing how to sort laundry, pick-up after myself and putting the toilet seat down. My wife would tend to disgrudingly agree with me.

I was watching Super Millionaire a few nights ago, and I was sad that I wasn't playing. I knew all the answers to the questions 1 guy was getting.. and were I playing, I would have at least 500,000 dollars right now.. likely more, as I wouldn't have had to use any lifelines.

Does anyone want to share some trivia with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    I was watching Super Millionaire a few nights ago, and I was sad that I wasn't playing. I knew all the answers to the questions 1 guy was getting.. and were I playing, I would have at least 500,000 dollars right now.. likely more, as I wouldn't have had to use any lifelines.
    God, the people on that show drive me bonkers...the only contestant I liked was the guy who did win a million, and wouldn't banter with Regis or hem and haw over his answers...and on the last question, he used his "phone a friend" lifeline to call his dad and say, "Dad...I know the answer to this question...I just wanted to phone you and tell you that I'm going to win a million dollars"

I don't know ALL the answers to the Millionaire questions, but I would've made a few bucks...I'm still pissed that I qualified for the Canadian version, and they didn't choose ANYONE from my province.

Oh yeah, trivia - love it
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

*raises hand* I do! I do!

I love trivia. I used to have a lot more useless knowledge locked away, but I had to free up some room for my job. I am not the weird trivia guy I used to be.

But there's an idea for FoRTCon....a reality tv trivia game. create a few teams with "pros" from various shows, and have a showdown. Like college bowl.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    God, the people on that show drive me bonkers...the only contestant I liked was the guy who did win a million, and wouldn't banter with Regis or hem and haw over his answers...and on the last question, he used his "phone a friend" lifeline to call his dad and say, "Dad...I know the answer to this question...I just wanted to phone you and tell you that I'm going to win a million dollars"

I don't know ALL the answers to the Millionaire questions, but I would've made a few bucks...I'm still pissed that I qualified for the Canadian version, and they didn't choose ANYONE from my province.

Oh yeah, trivia - love it
    I know. I mean I can understand if people are trying to eliminate answers so they go "well it can't be this cuz this is that" or whatever.. but I don't care that you buy your child a certain product and that's how you know the answer!

I never watched Canadian Millionaire.. Pammy drives me crazy!!!!

I know silly trivia thanks to an online game I used to play...I can list off movies with certain actors in them, songs by people/groups that I can't stand, names of clouds, a gazillion types of pies/deli meats/cheeses, all manner of things. It's wierd to explain unless you've played Ridiculist, but it's pretty much just spouting out useless answers to any topic that might arise in the game...and now I find them all stuck in my brain and I haven't played in nearly 3 years.

Me! Me! I'm a Trivia Fanatic!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast