+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trivia Fanatics?

I used to Ace Trivia Pursuit when it first came out, we ended up making a rule that you had to answer all 6 questions on the final card to win.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I'd have hated playing Trivial Pursuit with you, Ili -- the sports and science questions always stumped me. But give me arts and entertainment, or history, and I'm gold, baby!
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina

But there's an idea for FoRTCon....a reality tv trivia game. create a few teams with "pros" from various shows, and have a showdown. Like college bowl.
    That's a great idea, mrdobolina! We'll try to use that.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I feel sad for myself knowing all these useless trivia facts about different reality tv information

I love playing Trivia games, but it seems I'm remembering less and less as I get older, too much of my brain has been taken over by having to recall "kid stuff" and there isn't enough room for movie actors or tv show themes.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I love trivia games because I always seem to be able to remember a few facts about almost any subject (but not a lot about anything of importance to anyone else!)
    I've never gotten to play a lot though, for some reason I've never run into many people that enjoy these games as much as I do!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    I was watching Super Millionaire a few nights ago, and I was sad that I wasn't playing. I knew all the answers to the questions 1 guy was getting.. and were I playing, I would have at least 500,000 dollars right now.. likely more, as I wouldn't have had to use any lifelines.
    I always get those feelings when I watch Millionaire, Jeopardy, Million Dollar Pyramid, or any game shows like that. But I know, if I were to try out for one of the shows, I'd either get overwhelmed and freeze up, or it would so happen that they would somehow manage to pick subjects I never even knew existed on the day I appeared; that's how my luck has always run!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Not to forget the fact of how well the state of Georgia was represented on this past 7 show run of Super Millionaire... we had 3 contestants get into the hot seat, all of which made at least $100,000! Congratulations on $700,000 to the Georgia contestants!

Getting back on-topic, I love trivia as well. I went around to all of my friend's houses (well, that live within like 5 miles) and got everyone to call and try out for Super Millionaire with the phone game quiz. Also, I am like one of the recent contestants in that I write lists of questions to quiz my friends with... I'm kinda annoying that way.

I always get those feelings when I watch Millionaire, Jeopardy, Million Dollar Pyramid, or any game shows like that.
    By the way, what is this "Million Dollar Pyramid" you speak of? I'm going through game show withdrawal, help a fellow trivia buff out!

My husband and I are real trivia buffs. It's gotten to the point that if someone breaks out Trivial Pursuit we are not allowed to be on the same team
    I was just curious to see how many others had the same addiction I did.

Another question:

Do any of you play online at a specfic site or just board games?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I used to like NTN Trivia, online and using those funky keypad boxes they have at some bars up here - I don't even know if they use 'em anymore, but I used to have a blast playing NTN at the bar with some buddies on cheap beer night good times.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast