+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Coming Out

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ness
    Gay, straight, bi . . . What does it REALLY matter? Who CARES?

It must matter - look how quickly this thread has filled up!

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    I remember coming out to one of my close friends not too long after I figured it out...and her response was, "Yeah, I figured." And I said, "I sure the hell wish you had told ME!!!"

Tiger
    LOL.. yeah.. people were kinda always telling me, but I was kinda in denial. Heck.. I was da queen of denial. It was funny when I finally "broke the news" to my friends. A few were like "duh?" and a few were actually shocked. I guess my constant denials finally convinced them that I was straight.

Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc

I'm a straight female originally from a rather large city. I've had gay friends most of my life....both male and female. They were/are my friends. I didn't care who they went to bed with. As a matter of fact I went to a birthday party for a gay male friend. The party was half over b/f someone came up to me and pointed out that I was the only straight person there. I now live in a small town. WOW, what a difference. I have 1 gay friend here. He's never admited to me that he's gay, but I know he is. Our circle of friends know that he's gay, but they are so against the lifestyle that he has never brought anyone to a get together. He would not be welcome by them as a couple. I'm offended by that and have said so.

Thanks for being who you are.

toothdoc
    That's too bad for your friend. Why don't you ask him if he is.. but phrase it in the way that you started out your post. If your circle of friends knows he's gay, then why are they so against it? As long as he doesn't actually confirm anything to them, it's all good? I feel bad for him. I'm personally glad that you've taken a stand with your friends.. god knows my friends have had to do that for me with their friends before.. not that I wouldn't do it myself..

Quote Originally Posted by ness
    Gay, straight, bi . . . What does it REALLY matter? Who CARES?

I come to the FoRT for fun and good conversation and opinions, and I get that, here.

Long live us ALL!
    Absolutely. I totally agree. It's not so much that it doesn't really matter, it's that it shouldn't matter. Until it doesn't matter, it will matter.. if you know what I mean.

I'd just like to say that, while I love and adore gay/bi people in general (including my mom ), I've had "I'm coming out" in my head for days now thanks to this thread, and I'm about to go quite insane.

Or moreso than normal, anyway.

Amanda, blame whichever fellow mod changed Matt's original title...I'd like to know what it was too
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

No, the name change was necessary. As much as I'd like to think we're all supportive and tolerant here, the original title was just asking for the...shall we say "less tolerant" people to come and start calling names.

And really, I'd had the Facts of Life theme in my head for like 4 days before this, so it's an improvement. I shouldn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    No, the name change was necessary. As much as I'd like to think we're all supportive and tolerant here, the original title was just asking for the...shall we say "less tolerant" people to come and start calling names.

And really, I'd had the Facts of Life theme in my head for like 4 days before this, so it's an improvement. I shouldn't complain.
    Well honey, you're not the only one being tormented by that song.. NOT by the Facts of Life theme.. thank god I don't remember it.. but now I'm trying to.. but not by choice.. OYE VEY!! HEEEEEELP!!!!

I'm Coming Out has been stuck in my head since I saw this thread as well, but I agree with Amanda that the title had to be changed! So does anyone have any funny coming out stories?

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    originally posted by mrcorkles:
    Well, not every male Tori fan is gay,but it sure as hell seems like it when you go to the concerts...it's almost a pick-up spot!!
    tell me about it, lol. i love it
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

Somehow I missed this thread, but yes me too. Is there something in the water in Vancouver? Where were you all for the Playing it Straight thread?

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    Originally posted by Lotuslander:
    Is there something in the water in Vancouver? Where were you all for the Playing it Straight thread?
    Good one. Never did get into that show....maybe I'll check it out if they do a second season of it.
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

+ Reply to Thread