+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: I'm Coming Out

ok test. You personally got 10 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 8% of all test takers.

is this why i keep asking gay guys out?

FORT Fogey

The Gay and Lesbian Club

The Gay and Lesbian Club

I haven't seen any so i created one. (hope i put it on the right location of the forum)

Anyway, this is for all the Gay and lesbians dans of course friends in Fansofreality.
    We can talk about anything related to our life and struggle and just about anything.

Well, I'm not gay, but the vast majority of my friends that I have are gay or bi. I have a close friend of mine who lives down in San Francisco who wants me to move down there and in with him and his boyfriend. He is 4 years younger than me, and calls me "mom" sometimes, which makes me laugh. Of course, why he calls me that is just so sad. He had recently come out to his mom, and the evil shrew of a woman disowned him, and pulled her name off his student loans, so he couldnt go to school like he wanted to, because he didnt have any money. He even inspired a 5 page paper I wrote for my analytical writeing class. Which I ended up getting an A- on.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I took the test and fared better than I thought I would. I thought I didn't have very good gaydar at all. I'm not surprised I recognized guys better than girls; I'm usually not looking at the girls!

Welcome back Matt!

You personally got 15 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 76% of all test takers.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    he should have waited till he graduated before coming out. Well, some parents do know, they just do not want to admit it.

SuperBrat: I've never had a student loan, so I don't know, but couldn't your friend get one by himself? I would think there are many students who need a loan and may not have a co-signer?

That's really cruel about his parents disowning him. I think it's kinda sweet he calls you mom.

jacobson00: Whether parents know or don't want to acknowledge it, their children are still their children and they should love them regardless of their orientation. But I guess that would be in a perfect world.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    i might sound weird but i still think teenagers should not come out, wait till you are at least 21.

then again for some it is wayyyyyyyyy too obvious by the time they are 12.

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread before! everyone!

Although, to quote Kristin Scott Thomas in Four Weddings and a Funeral, I was a lesbian at school, for about ten minutes, most of my relationships (including my current one) have been with men. I've had brief flings with women, though, and while I'm hesitant towards labels, I suppose I fall into the "straight with a twist/bicurious" category. It's all about love, isn't it? Gender shouldn't matter. Like many of the people who have posted in this thread, I have lots of gay and lesbian friends and I love them all to death. As an awkward teenager, I was welcomed into the gay community with open arms and it is my firm belief that all those nights out on the town with drag queens and drag kings, butch and lipstick lesbians, flamboyant queens and ordinary guys and gals who just happen to fall in love with people of the same sex made me a better, more open-minded individual with a stronger sense of self. Not to mention better dressed and groomed!
    Last edited by geek the girl; 11-22-2006 at 01:07 PM.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I took that "gaydar" test and got 12 out 20 correct guesses. Oh, I always thought I had an good ability to spot gay men from hetero men but it turns out I was better at telling lesbian women from hetero dito. You learn something new everyday.

That being said, it depends a great deal on how you dress, the hair styles etc. (for instance a bit exaggerated people tend to assume that girls who shave their hair are "butch", and conversely, for a man to let his hair grow into a precious mane will tend to give people similar thoughts) and it's got to do a great deal with what kind of pictures that site chose to display in the test. If all the people regardless of sex would have had their hair shaved "Sinead O'Connor"-style, it would be interesting to redo that test...it's not like there are gay eyes, gay lips, gay cheekbones or whatever. When you strip away the perhaps obvious grooming features/accessories/clothes that might reveal this or that it should be impossible to predict who's what.

I have feminine facial features which leads some people to believe I am gay (which again is like saying that women who have masculine facial features should be lesbian, which is in general is a stupid claim), it seems to be a rather common opinion I might add. Added to that I am girlishly vain and am more or less in love with my hair. The only friend I've had who's come out did that after we finished high school and it came as a total surprise to me since we more or less never discussed anything to that effect, girls, boys or whatever (our friendship was based on our mutual interests, such as a great passion for music and films, 60's and 70's MGM and the like). The majority of hairdressers who's cut my hair over the years have been gay (but that might have something to do with my mother telling me to go to them because they are great with hair...).

I wish I could come out, but then it would be out of the "asexual closet" (for lack of a better expression, it's not an active choice on my part) into the "hetero room". Oh, and I'm afraid this is all I can contribute to this thread. Hope I'm not breaking any rules, I feel this post going the digressive path as so many times before.

FORT Fogey
    which test it it?

+ Reply to Thread