+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: I'm Coming Out

PSi
    You personally got 17 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 94% of all test takers.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I got 70%. I thought I might do a little better. I think if I was able to talk to all forty of them, it might have made a difference. When a son of my best friend recently came out, I said, "what took you so long?" He said, he didn't know but he finally felt good about it. I saw it as being relieved. I wish all of society minded their own beeswax and didn't get into other peoples' business. Why should the government or church person tell me that the person I loved was the wrong one for me and that I wasn't allowed to love them? I guess that's the hardest thing for me about homosexuality. That it is so difficult to be true to yourself without having others tuned into your business also. I always say: I don't think about my heterosexual friends' sexlife and I don't think about my homosexual friends' sexlife. That's their business.

IMO...We are all gay! And I don't mean happy
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    I wish all of society minded their own beeswax and didn't get into other peoples' business. Why should the government or church person tell me that the person I loved was the wrong one for me and that I wasn't allowed to love them? I guess that's the hardest thing for me about homosexuality. That it is so difficult to be true to yourself without having others tuned into your business also. I always say: I don't think about my heterosexual friends' sexlife and I don't think about my homosexual friends' sexlife. That's their business.

Can I pop into this thread for a second and say how much I agree with famita here. I think that some people are so miserable in their own lives that they truly don't want to see others happy. Why can't they put all that negative energy on people who are criminals or aren't productive citizens?

My son's (age 5) good friend has 2 moms. They are some of the best parents I know. It really bothers me when I hear people speak poorly about gay/lesbian parents or say they shouldn't have children. If they are good parents then what's the problem?! People need to start worrying about all those parents who aren't doing a good job and worry about saving those kids. People's priorities are just all screwed up!

Sorry to interrupt with my rant...

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    Can I pop into this thread for a second and say how much I agree with famita here. I think that some people are so miserable in their own lives that they truly don't want to see others happy. Why can't they put all that negative energy on people who are criminals or aren't productive citizens?

My son's (age 5) good friend has 2 moms. They are some of the best parents I know. It really bothers me when I hear people speak poorly about gay/lesbian parents or say they shouldn't have children. If they are good parents then what's the problem?! People need to start worrying about all those parents who aren't doing a good job and worry about saving those kids. People's priorities are just all screwed up!

Sorry to interrupt with my rant...
    AMEN TO THAT !!
    Carey

OK.. so I haven't been around for a while. I'm sure EVERYONE missed me. I'm sure everyone was wondering where I disappeared to.. (don't all talk at once..)

I moved to Toronto (as many people know) and have no access to the internet except for at this internet cafe which is costing me an arm and a leg to use. Ugh! I long for my computer! Anyway.. just popping in to say WORD.. and I hope to be back online permanently by the time Survivor starts up again.

Oh, and I got 6 out of 20.. I guess my gaydar sucks. Hah! I'm such a bad homo.

Matt64 - actually I was just asking about you the other day (in the Canadian thread - not Canadian, just nosy)

Hope the move went well. Glad you finally got online - you WERE missed. WELCOME BACK
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Matt64! I was just wondering when you'd come back around! Welcome back to FORT!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    I moved to Toronto (as many people know) and have no access to the internet except for at this internet cafe which is costing me an arm and a leg to use. Ugh! I long for my computer!

well isn't there any public libraries in ur area?
    Here on my end you can jump on the net for free....
    Only downside is your limited to just an hour per day :phhht
    But some locations you can jump on an extra hour if their system lets you in and theres unlimited express terminals...

I just tried the gaydar test

You personally got 14 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 55% of all test takers.

I guess my gaydar is about average. It's no wonder I'm better at recognizing the guys, I've never really known any lesbians except my friends here on the FORT!

+ Reply to Thread