+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: I'm Coming Out

Our parade in Calgary got rained on and it was cold out. I was completely soaked. I'll be going to the one in Vancouver though, so that should make up for it.

I couldn't make it today, but hubby & daughter went to the pride parade in San Francisco this morning. Alan Cummings was one of the marshals, I love his cute li'l Scottish accent.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

So.. how was Toronto, Seattle, Houston and San Fran Prides ladies and gents? I've seen pix from Toronto, and it looks like it was a lot of fun.. I'm so sad I couldn't go.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    So.. how was Toronto, Seattle, Houston and San Fran Prides ladies and gents? I've seen pix from Toronto, and it looks like it was a lot of fun.. I'm so sad I couldn't go.

THE SF Parade this year was awright but meh......

http://sfgate.com/chronicle/pictures...yparade104.jpg

The plus side as for Mayor Newsome above....

- I did see Alan Cummings... He is a cute one in person. Did not get any pics of him...

- Graham Norton was there....

- The ex cast members of MTV's REAL WORLD (Norm - Ny Season1, Melissa S9 New Orleans & Coral S10 -Back to Ny)

You think Alan is cute? I'm not so sure. He's been up in Vancouver filming something (or he's been on vacation here a lot) and I've run into him at clubs recently. I'm a big fan of his work.. but I don't think I'm so into him in any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    I should mention that the title of this thread was changed by the mods as the one I used originally was a little too.. controversial shall we say.. I'm not coming out.. I've been out for a loooong time dears.
    I can understand. In the ether of the elsewhere e-verse, I was madmodded by an Admin who thought that the Subject line "Cudos to the Canadian Gov't for finaly recognizing Queer Rights" was offensive.

I was informed by these so-called progressives that the word 'queer' was absolutely and strictly verboden, and how dare I every use it in a subject line, given that so many straight people believe it to be exclusively a slur - dim-dum-doubly so if used or written by a straight person.

I found it odd, given that above mentioned elserwhere had a forum title "Queer Eye", but try as I might, I could not explain to their satisfaction that 'queer-the-word' had been reclaimed.

C'est la vie.

B
    Last edited by Numfar; 06-28-2004 at 08:33 AM. Reason: tiptaptypos
    ~
    I'm made of felt...and my nose comes off.

Matt the parade in TO was just wonderful . It was such a beautiful day, not too hot(nothing like last years clam bake) I think we broke an attendance record, and there was at least 100 plus floats. The usual fab go- go boys, plus size queens and the chap patrol. This year my brother out did his float with the "Hairspray"theme. I'm deaf now in one ear(too close to the amp) and my nose got a little sun burnt, but I was soooo very grateful to be apart of the event. My eldest daughter also came and sat beside me and threw out hundreds and hundreds of beads. She said her arm was sore this morning. She had a great time also. I couldn't make it to the Dock's on Saturday to the Gala ball, but heard that Ms Khan was going to preform. I'll get back to you on that one( a group of other friends were there). I have just woken up from 14 hours of sleep and feel the need to rest some more.I guess I had more fun than I thought. It's a rainy day today, perfect for the post party blues.

Earlier in this thread, we talked about our gaydar's and whether or not we thought they were good. Well, I found an online test.

Surprisingly, I did great. I always thought my gaydar was awful, though I guess when it comes to men it still is as apparently I was better at recognizing women!

You remarkably scored 85%.
    You personally got 17 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing girls than guys. Overall, you guessed better than 94% of all test takers.
    http://www.okcupid.com/gaydar

I'm better at the guys, myself. 80% correct!

You personally got 16 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing guys than girls. Overall, you guessed better than 85% of all test takers.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    My work computer won't let me play too!! "Personals and dating" are blocked. ::sniff::
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread