good to see many people are open.
    I'm bisexual and got nothing to be ashamed of. yeahh, "I'm coming out"
    Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by 3r1k

Cool. *goes to check pic of 3r1k in pic thread*

Will don't have any fun. madbanana's Avatar
    Good for you matt....Im proud that you dont care what people think!!!! i for one hate it when ppl discriminate people because of their sexuality....Did u read my speech that btw i got 93 % on!!!
    (ill post it again juss cuz i love it so much haha)

We have all faced it at one time or another, either first hand or had it happen to a friend. No one can hide from prejudice forever the truth is it is everywhere. Racism, Sexism, and judgment being held against people who chose to have an open sexuality. These are just a few examples of the vast amounts of prejudice.

The bible does state that Homosexuality is wrong but does that mean you have to make fun and torture people because of who they chose to date. If you follow that one verse in the bible then shouldnít you follow them all, the bible does state itís all right to beat your wife. Now Iím not here to contradict the bible or anything but I want to get a message through to you that prejudice is everywhere, and the only person who can stop it is you. I might sound like Smokey the bear or something but itís the truth. People get beat up, made fun of and down right tortured for being ďdifferentĒ but the truth is there not different we are all people no matter what they look like or how they chose to act.

Sexism has been around as long as men and woman have. At first the only job for a woman was to have children, cook and clean for their husbands and stay at home all day. As time progressed woman were given places at work although men still got paid more for doing the same work. Woman everywhere got sick of this and started protesting for their rights. Soon woman received the right to vote. Now woman can do anything men can and get paid the same amount for doing the same job. Iím not saying that sexism is only against woman but it is the main form of it.

Racism has always been a big problem. People get tortured because we are all not the same color. Look beyond skin color people we are all the same. We may not look the same or act the same but we all have a heart and a liver and lungs, which makes us all human. Even if someone is ďdifferentĒ does that mean you have to leave them out of everything you do. Take some time out of your busy life and get to know them maybe they can become your best friend, maybe you will hate their guts but donít hate them just because of the color of their skin.

Discrimination against people because of their sexuality, in my opinion the worst form of prejudice. Yes like I said at the beginning of my speech the bible does say homosexuality is wrong. But have you ever read the bible it says a lot of things that donít make any sense in todayís terms. Again Iím repeating myself but Iím only saying if man had wrote the bible now a days Iím sure a lot of things would have been different. There have been people that have been bullied to the point of suicide all because they chose to date someone of the same sex. I have witnessed people that arenít even gay get bullied and tortured. Is this the way we want our children to act picking on people because they donít feel good enough about themselves. Thatís the only reason I can find in my mind why people would want to find stupid reasons to bully people. To all of you out there who still chose to bully people because of their race, sex, or sexuality welcome to the 21st century people can be ďdifferentĒ without being ridiculed. Think about it next time you chose to torture someone.

I have a very strong opinion on it as u can see haha
    peace;
    it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. it means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    Now.. I know that was really stupid of me.. but I felt that I needed to stand up for myself.. and I was drunk.. but that was honestly, one of the first times I've ever experienced that much hatred from someone. The guys that were in there were pretty shocked that I did it too.. I'm not sure if they thought I was totally stupid, or if they thought it was courageous.. more than likely, a bit of both.. but this guy and his two girl friends were like "I can't believe you did that. That took guts." I didn't know I had it in me. It was probably the booze though..
    Matt . . .

Just read your whole post.

Here's what's on my mind:

Don't qualify what you did by saying: "I know that was really stuipd of me . . .", " . . . and I was drunk . . ." and "It was probably the booze, though."

In saying those things, IMHO, you're making excuses for something you had no need to make excuses for.

How do I know?

Been there, done that on the receiving end of the hatred thing. Several times.

You were right. You were in your neighborhood. You weren't bothering anyone. Why in the hell SHOULD you listen to that kind of BS and ignorance anyway, and PARTICULARLY hear it from someone who chose to bring himself on YOUR turf, in YOUR space, and start s***?

There are times when, if you have any self-respect at all, you have to step up and be ready to fight for what's right. And in so doing, be ready to go to the ER or the morgue, if it comes down to that.

I know it probably sounds right now like I'm advocating that we all walk around with baseball bats and take a swing at anything that looks, smells or feels different from what we accept as "normal" and "right".

But I'm not.

I'm merely saying that sometimes, whether you want to or not, you have got to look out for yourself and let foolish people know that a line has been crossed.

Or, as my grandfather would put it:

"Baby, if there's somebody standing on your corn and you AIN'T screaming, who's the fool? You, or them?"

Good for you, Matt!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Madbanana.. strong opinions are always the best kind. I like opinionated people. They make conversations interesting. It's boring to sit around and talk to people who have the exact same opinion as you. I can see why you got a 93 on that. Well said.

ness.. I guess you're right. I'm very good at standing up for myself.. but I do it through writing, and through politics, not through standing up and getting into someone's face usually. But thanks for the support.. the more I think about it, the less concerned I am with the way I behaved.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by masashi
    Wow Mas. I had no idea (only cuz I thought you had a girlfriend). Congratulations on coming out.

I think he was being a smart azz Jewelsy!

You know how mas was! Unfortunately,we'll never know 'cause he ditched the FORT...

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    To me, when I meet a guy who's a vocal homophobe I always think he's overcompensating for something. Probably his attraction to other guys. Sad, really.
    I knew a young man who was a twin. His twin brother was openly and comfortably gay and enjoying life. His entire family accepted him as he was...everyone except the twin brother. The non-gay brother was very public about "his mission in life" to convince his gay twin that he was confused and/or wrong and not really gay. I always thought the non-gay brother's reaction was really extreme (it was..he was obsessed with the subject) and most of his friends wondered if he might be gay as well, but afraid to admit it...even to himself.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Matt, I'm sorry you went through that incident of hatred. The guy was demonstrating his own ignorance. I feel kind of sad for people like that. Their narrow minded view of people who might be different must really limit the joy of knowing people with all the wonderful differences - it's sort of like seeing a garden with flowers of one color only. He probably has a friend list that is as small as his mind.

oh, and Lotus, I love your Adam and Eve story
    Last edited by KaiCee; 06-24-2004 at 01:44 AM.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    I think he was being a smart azz Jewelsy!

You know how mas was! Unfortunately,we'll never know 'cause he ditched the FORT...
    Wait a minute.. how did he do that?! He changed his name to 3r1k.. I'm confused..

+ Reply to Thread