+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Coming Out

Quote Originally Posted by royalcloudjumpe
    Good one. Never did get into that show....maybe I'll check it out if they do a second season of it.
    I doubt they'll have a second season, the 1st one still hasn't been completed.

Lotus, I was waiting for you to pop up here

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    I've noticed a couple of your posts.. and there was something a little queer about you.. I guess it's your sister.
    Maybe I just have a latent Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Maurice thing goin on.

Originally Posted by ness
    Gay, straight, bi . . . What does it REALLY matter? Who CARES?

I come to the FoRT for fun and good conversation and opinions, and I get that, here.

Long live us ALL!

Absolutely. I totally agree. It's not so much that it doesn't really matter, it's that it shouldn't matter. Until it doesn't matter, it will matter.. if you know what I mean.[/QUOTE]

When no one gets beaten , spat on, shunned or hated then it won't matter. Until that time....it matters.

But I know what your saying Ness

Quote Originally Posted by queeny
    Originally Posted by ness
    Gay, straight, bi . . . What does it REALLY matter? Who CARES?

I come to the FoRT for fun and good conversation and opinions, and I get that, here.

Long live us ALL!

Absolutely. I totally agree. It's not so much that it doesn't really matter, it's that it shouldn't matter. Until it doesn't matter, it will matter.. if you know what I mean.

Maybe I've been living in LA too long, I didn't know it "still mattered" in most places. I just thought it only "mattered" in city hall.

Quote Originally Posted by royalcloudjumpe
    I'M COMING OUT TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!.....
    This sounds like an intro. Maestro! Ala Diana Ross. I always thought the song meant something different but, it can be applied to this thread too.

"I'm coming out, want that world to know, got to let it show..."
    http://www.elyrics4u.com/i/i_m_comin...diana_ross.htm

Not that you all need it but, you've got my support too.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    Oh, I don't think I meant it that way! I have met loads of really sweet people here at FORT...I just get nervous sometimes because you never know who will be offended by your sexuality. I wouldn't want someone to think of me differently just because I am gay,but you never know. Even in 2004!

Some people would say..'screw them,it doesn't matter',but the truth is,it does bother me a bit if someone changes their opinion of me because of it.

I have got to get to the point where it doesn't bother me,because you definitely can't please everyone!!...
    (This may not come out right but...)

Don't take this the wrong way but, if certain "casual" people will be offended by your sexuality, do you really care about their opinion? That is a hard way to live. Be glad that you can be happy with yourself and that others care. People of a different opinion will either come around or not.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    This sounds like an intro. Maestro! Ala Diana Ross. I always thought the song meant something different but, it can be applied to this thread too.

"I'm coming out, want that world to know, got to let it show..."
    http://www.elyrics4u.com/i/i_m_comin...diana_ross.htm

Not that you all need it but, you've got my support too.
    Lol Eldee, your right, the song was written for the gay clubs....and hence the rest of the dance clubs.........Sometimes I could swear your a gay man.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    I've had "I'm coming out" in my head for days now thanks to this thread, and I'm about to go quite insane.

Or moreso than normal, anyway.
    Me to, Amanda.

My sister left her husband for another woman. Then this woman dumped on her big time (cheating with just anyone, using her, etc) We never liked her...she was always putting my sister down pretending to be joking. There are only so many times you can hear a woman slam on a siblings housekeeping skills before you snap. If you don't like how someone keeps their house then don't go there. It's not as though she lived there. Glad she is out of the picture. Now my sister isn't sure about her sexuality. I just want her to find someone who treated her as well as her hubby did. He treated her like a queen...she deserves to be treated well. She didn't want to tell me at first, I am a born again Christian and I think she was afraid I would look down on her. I have always figured that it is none of my business. The only bedroom activities I need to monitor would be my own.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    Maybe I've been living in LA too long, I didn't know it "still mattered" in most places. I just thought it only "mattered" in city hall.

Don't misunderstand me - what I was trying to convey is that if it wasn't an issue, etc., we wouldn't be talking about it. Who am I to judge, for God's sake? My friends, family and occasional one-night-stands don't complain about the trapeez (sp? one of those bouncie thingy-ma-bobs) that is suspended over my bed.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Me to, Amanda.

My sister left her husband for another woman. Then this woman dumped on her big time (cheating with just anyone, using her, etc) We never liked her...she was always putting my sister down pretending to be joking. There are only so many times you can hear a woman slam on a siblings housekeeping skills before you snap. If you don't like how someone keeps their house then don't go there. It's not as though she lived there. Glad she is out of the picture. Now my sister isn't sure about her sexuality. I just want her to find someone who treated her as well as her hubby did. He treated her like a queen...she deserves to be treated well. She didn't want to tell me at first, I am a born again Christian and I think she was afraid I would look down on her. I have always figured that it is none of my business. The only bedroom activities I need to monitor would be my own.
    I hope so. I think, sometimes when a person first comes out, they kind of get involved really quickly emotionally with the first gay or lesbian person they meet, and it's usually a disaster. It's sort of like becoming a teenager all over again and making all the mistakes and growing pains that you missed at that time.

+ Reply to Thread