+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is there a doctor in the house?

Someone privately pointed me to a medical site, which said that wet wounds heal quicker and with less scarring than dry wounds, and that it's better to keep your wound covered and moist. So, that's what I'm'a gonna do. Even though it's way more work than just letting it get all scabby.

Thanks to everyone for their help, and to my mystery medical site pointer-outer.

:rolleyes Geez, I don't understand how everybody has such differing opinions on how to deal with your wound when the answer is just so obvious. You're totally going to have to amputate.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Someone privately pointed me to a medical site, which said that wet wounds heal quicker and with less scarring than dry wounds, and that it's better to keep your wound covered and moist.
    Some of those "medical sites" have really outdated info on them. Take some of that information with a grain of salt, and do what you feel is best for you. I agree with SnowflakeGirl, and you will probably have to amputate.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

*sees words "ooze", "scab" and "wet wound" and runs from thread cringing, throwing a "good luck with that, John" back over shoulder*
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Not to laugh at your misfortune, John, sounds like it really hurts and all....but how can you monitor 20,000 or so people daily, yet not know how to use a bandaid?

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    :rolleyes Geez, I don't understand how everybody has such differing opinions on how to deal with your wound when the answer is just so obvious. You're totally going to have to amputate.

Where is Jewelsy? I wanna hear her story of how the "Head Honcho" came to meet her and fell at her feet!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Poor John. The bright side is that at least it's not a bee sting by your eye like last year. Maybe this will be your one injury for the year and no more will come your way.

There has been good advice posted and I will just add mine.

I also believe in keeping it clean, using Neosporin, and bandaging it and getting a kiss for your boo-boo. I also do not believe in keeping it covered 24/7. Your skin will not get air as it should that way. Your right re: keeping it moist because that way it is more pliable and the new skin will adhere more to the present skin and not dry and crack allowing germs to enter cracked skin. If it totally drys and scabs after it heals, maybe you can gently remove that or let it fall off for the new/fresh skin and put ointment on for a little while.

It's a good thing that you want to take proper care of your skin.

I don't know how much puss there is but, hopefully with proper care, it will lessen and leave. Maybe with some very warm compresses, it will go towards one point, possibly ozze out and be gone. If it is minor and continues, maybe you can get advise on draining it yourself with a syringe. If the ozze stays, you may have to go to the best doctor with the hands of an angel to help you with it.

Will you be posting a pic of this the way you posted one of your eye last year?

I could post a pic, it would be a tad bit more gross than the beesting

Jewelsy, since she can't see, thought I was joking about having hurt myself, until she took a really close look and saw all the blood

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I could post a pic, it would be a tad bit more gross than the beesting

Jewelsy, since she can't see, thought I was joking about having hurt myself, until she took a really close look and saw all the blood
    No, it's o.k. John, we don't want a pic, the description is enough.

2 pages of posts for your boo-boo, John...I bet your wife wasn't this concerned about you
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast