+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: How old are you?

MRD

Re: How old are you?

I was just shy of my 29th birthday when my daughter was born. I remember being in the grocery store with her when she was about 7-8 months old. Old enough to sit in the seat of the cart, but still a baby.

This woman comes up to me and says: Your granddaughter is beautiful. I carried that indignity around for a long time and even went out of my way to not leave the house unless fully made up (which is so not like me. I usually do not wear much makeup especially grocery shopping. Who am I going to impress? The baggers? They don't care!)

My dad was 40 when I was born and mostly bald. Back then, dad's didn't go into the delivery room. When they brought me out to show me to him, they said: Here you go, Grandpa. He was not happy either!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

A few years back, one of my sisters turned the big 5-0. The rest of us posted the obligatory congratulations on the family web site, and I posted that she didn't look a day over 70. Needless to say, all hell broke loose for a while and my other sisters took turns beating up on me When the furor died down a bit I closed the trap--I pointed out that if I was wrong for saying that she didn't look over 70, they must think she does
    Last edited by Newfherder; 05-09-2007 at 12:09 PM. Reason: some really strange sentence structures
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Newf-that sounds like the banter my sisters and I presently engage in-with no one getting mad!! We love to tease each other! I do especially because I'm not the oldest!!!

MRD

Newf, I can't imagine growing up being one of your sisters. They must have wanted to do you bodily harm daily! That is too funny about the 70 years old thing.

I'm 23 for another month or so..

FORT Newbie

29! The big 3-0 is less than a year away!

FORT Newbie

I went to get my tea leaves read when I was 19....she told me my life would settle down & I would finally find contentment when I was in reached 40.
    well, she was wrong about that....& about the crusie she said I wwould go on! I really wanted to go on a cruise.

I am 16 years of age. 17 next month, cant wait!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by workn2hard2day;2402224;
    I went to get my tea leaves read when I was 19....she told me my life would settle down & I would finally find contentment when I was in reached 40.
    well, she was wrong about that....& about the crusie she said I wwould go on! I really wanted to go on a cruise.
    i have to say that my 40's have been the best years of my life and content. I have finally learned to live with myself and be happy and content. I've had some MAJOR problems in the past few years, but I've dealt with them in a way I would have never dreamed possible before. I don't know what it is, but I just feel that my 40's have been the best part of my life despite some big upheavals.

I am now 45 (yesterday) so I have 5 more years that I hope are as good as the last 5. And I'm hoping that my 50's continue the contentment.

I do have to say that contentment comes from within and I worked hard to find that spot. I learned to let a LOT go and to get rid of all the toxic people in my life and its a decision I don't regret. Why should I have to deal with people that are toxic? It doesn't do me any good, they don't care, so my attitude is "be gone with you". And does it bother me if they get mad? No, I don't need it, so therefore, their reaction to me getting them out of my life is unimportant to me. It's MY life and I am the ONLY one that can choose how I live it and how I react to things and that realization has been so freeing and part of the contentment process. I just don't care what people think anymore.

+ Reply to Thread