+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: How old are you?

Hope your shoulder feels better soon, myrosiedog --- but only after all that laundry is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2313059;
    Wonder how long rotator cuff injuries can last? They can last months right?
    Mine took over a year. (Seriously.)
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2314517;
    Mine took over a year. (Seriously.)
    You are a ray of sunshine today! (just kidding.) Did you tear it? Need surgery? I hope mine heals soon as I can't lay flat to sleep which is not easy.

I went back to the doctor today and they xrayed it and told me I need a bone density scan as my bones look "older than I am". Isn't that comforting. I finally start feeling great, feeling less old and am told my bones are "old"

So, I am soon to be 45, but my bones are 60. So not fair. But on the other hand, could I give my bones a big blowout 60th birthday party?

I am going to quit going to the doctor. They are nothing but bad news. I feel much better when I don't go.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: How old are you?

Sorry to bring you down! My younger son used to do "hug attacks" where he'd start at one end of the kitchen and run at me full speed. I'd catch him and swing him up and then pull him into a big hug on the way down. Well, one day I heard a noise emanate from my shoulder and that was that. I looked it up on line and kept seeing over and over that the recovery was about the same for surgery and for leaving it alone, so I opted to leave it alone and see what happened. After about a year, it still hurt some and my range of motion was still limited so I went to a massage therapist and had her work on it. It hurt for about a week after that, but once the irritation from the massage subsided, it's was as good as new. Well, not new , but as good as a 40 something shoulder can be .
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I Is Stephanie

Oh yeah. My mom tore hers, and she stopped moving it alltogether, and ended up having to choose between 2 months of painful Physical Pherapy, or surgery.

So the lesson is keep moving it, no matter how much it hurts. She said that PT was more painful then moving it when she first developed the tear.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

OK, so I'm still 24 years old, but this Saturday I appearantly didn't look it. I was meeting some friends at a pub. I got there first and ordered some wine. Before I can get my wine the waitress ask me about my ID. I was confused and had to ask "pardon?" The legal drinking age in Sweden is 18, so all of a sudden I looked 17. When my SIL and her boyfriend showed up, they didn't have to show ID and they're three years younger than me.

My boyfriend got ID'ed when we were buying beer a couple of weeks ago (buying in the store, legal age 20) and he's 31. So I guess we have found some fountain of youth.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2375813;
    OK, so I'm still 24 years old, but this Saturday I appearantly didn't look it. I was meeting some friends at a pub. I got there first and ordered some wine. Before I can get my wine the waitress ask me about my ID. I was confused and had to ask "pardon?" The legal drinking age in Sweden is 18, so all of a sudden I looked 17. When my SIL and her boyfriend showed up, they didn't have to show ID and they're three years younger than me.

My boyfriend got ID'ed when we were buying beer a couple of weeks ago (buying in the store, legal age 20) and he's 31. So I guess we have found some fountain of youth.
    So share the secret. I haven't been carded in so long, I wouldn't know what its like.
    There are several stores here with signs that say: "We ID EVERYONE". Well no they don't, as I have bought wine or beer and not been ID'ed.

I will be 45 in 10 days. Today I feel it. Most days I don't.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I used to be highly insulted when I walked into a story to buy wine and I got carded when I was in my late 20s and early 30s. Now that I'm 52, I feel like saying, "Card me, PLEASE!!!!" But it just doesn't happen anymore. Be glad that you were carded. It won't last forever.

Premium Member

I loved it when I was over 30 and still getting carded. Now that I'm 52 and have stopped coloring my hair I get "do you qualify for our senior discount?" I actually got the senior discount recently from a self checkout station. I found that a little bit disturbing, at first I thought the machine could tell my age from my debit card or something, but then I remembered that I'm not even old enough for the senior discount.

I'll be 34 next month and get carded all the time. It annoys me....lol. Also, whenever I am out with my teenage boys...I get mistaken for their sister. That part isn't so bad... I know I don't look my age, but I also know I don't look 21, either.

+ Reply to Thread