+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: How old are you?

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    What's nice is that this is one of the few places that age doesn't seem to matter. Without seeing the other people you can't make too many assumptions about them, and there aren't too many places where I'd hang out with both 13 year olds and 60 year olds. (without going to jail that is )
    So true. As I was reading this thread I realized I'd been making the assumption that most of y'all were around my age. Mature, you know..
    Anyway, on August 4th I'll be 46. I still feel like I'm in my early 20's, but I sure don't look like it. That's okay, though, because I've earned every one of my wrinkles!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I realized I never responded to this thread. I'm 40. I thought my fortieth birthday would freak me out but it was actually a blast. I have a good friend who turned 40 two days before me so we got a combined birthday week filled with celebrations.

ha ha ha! Im 16 so I can drive! ha ha ha everyone who can't!
    Ever noticed that everybody wants to be somebody, but nobody wants to grow?

Why is 'if' the middle word in life?

Whenever anyone says "I can't," it makes me wish he'd get stung to death by about ten thousand bees. When he says "I'll try," five thousand bees. ("I can," one bee.)

- Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by djgirl5235
    Roseskid, you've got the right attitude!!!

For the record, I'm 29 and loving every single minute of my final year in the 20's. As my honey and I are going to start trying for our family this fall, I'm definitely looking forward to my 30's and 40's...

As for being ID'd, I'm another one of those lucky people who gets carded all the time. I politely hand over the card and laugh at their faces once they do the calculation, it puts a smile on my face everytime!
    Thanks! I graduated high school in the late 60's and was definitely a "flower child" followed by somewhat of a women's libber. I concentrated fully on my career, and put off trying to have children until I was in my late 30's. I advise anyone thinking along those lines -- don't do it. Being the first generation to have the luxury of "the pill" I am among many women my age, who found out too late, that conception in your late 30's can be very difficult. Now, don't freak out. I have friends who have had no problem, and as a matter of fact, my sister had her first (and only) child at 42! But, it can be very difficult. I wish someone had told me not to focus on career only, but spread my fulfillment around! Anyway, I am glad to hear you will be beginning your family in your early 30's. By the way, my husband and I were never able to "have" kids (tubal pregnancy, cancer-him, VERY long painful stories), but we were able to adopt a beautiful newborn girl (who is now almost 18!!!), so we did get our fairytale ending afterall, and she is, of course, perfect!

Just realized this was quite a rant -- happens at my age!!!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I'm 33 1/2.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pambe
    ha ha ha! Im 16 so I can drive! ha ha ha everyone who can't!
    Thanks for making me feel so special :phhht

Actually, I'm a little bit happy that I can't drive yet - I'm such a spaz that there's a good chance I'll kill someone during my training

i'm 33 1/2 but dont go spreading that around ok!

Still in my 20's, but just barely.

FORT Fogey
    I'm in my 20's.... barely

I'm 20

I think I've already posted it here but I'm too lazy to go back and look for it. I guess my senilty is already kicking in.

I'm 32.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

+ Reply to Thread