+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: How old are you?

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Being an adult isn't nearly as much fun as it appeared when I was a kid. Being responsible sucks. And THIS is what I have to look forward to for the rest of my life!?

You know, I think I liked it better when I was 6-12. Right before the horror that was my teenage years and well before I had to start caring about things like going to work and paying bills. Sure, school sucked, but at least you got a break from it every so often. I'm still adjusting to the shock of no summer/spring breaks for working stiffs.

In conclusion: Being a kid rules until you hit 13. After that it's all downhill. Popularity, peer pressure, dealing with the opposite gender... who needs all that crap? Except for the part where you turn 21 and can buy booze. That's the only cool thing about it. Jack and Pierre help me cope...

And oh yeah, I'm 28. Nearing 30 and the reaper is creeping...

I can't help but think of "Wild Kingdom" where they show the old bull who's past his prime trying to compete with the young bucks. When did all those cool 80's songs become "classic"? Why are there 10 year olds who know more about computers than me? Am I the only one who remembers TV's with no remotes? Am I the only one who remembers when Michael Jackson was still black? When did I become old?
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    That also happens to me.

I didn't think Brusch was 30, if that's any consolation.
    Older..... or younger.....?

I actually look younger than I am, although maybe not so much as a few years ago. Then, a couple of store clerks actually apologized for carding me. I think it has to do with the fact that I have lighter hair (somehow it's the same for many people) and that I haven't let myself go the way many people I went to school with did. Hopefully 20 years from now I'll still look young for my age.

What's nice is that this is one of the few places that age doesn't seem to matter. Without seeing the other people you can't make too many assumptions about them, and there aren't too many places where I'd hang out with both 13 year olds and 60 year olds. (without going to jail that is )
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

until you hit 13. After that it's all downhill. Popularity, peer pressure, dealing with the opposite gender... who needs all that crap?
    Yea! Totally true! I will be 14 in a few more days and all that is happening to me now.

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlett530
    My mom has always sworn to me that the 30s are much better than the 20s. I hope she's right!
    Your mom is absolutely correct. The 30s are fabulous.

Me, I'm 30+. That is, 30+13.

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    Older..... or younger.....?
    Younger, actually.
    Your post makes a lot of sense, we can all hang out and discuss things we love without having "social barriers", if you will.
    I love having people older than me here, because I learn from them and, correct me if I'm wrong but I also think that the older folks do learn from the younger ones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    So I dialed 911 on my cell (without hitting dial), showed him that, and asked him if he wanted me to call the police for him. He declined and let me in.

Good one, Z.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 05-25-2004 at 05:58 PM.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    In conclusion: Being a kid rules until you hit 13. After that it's all downhill. Popularity, peer pressure, dealing with the opposite gender... who needs all that crap?
    Oh no. Now I'm not looking forward to my birthday anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Being an adult isn't nearly as much fun as it appeared when I was a kid. Being responsible sucks. And THIS is what I have to look forward to for the rest of my life!?

I am 5 years older than you and I remember when MJ was black. Our TV had a remote, me.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett530
    Thanks guys! Toque, my mom has always sworn to me that the 30s are much better than the 20s. I hope she's right!
    It's true and your forties are even better. So for everyone who is flipping because they are close to thirty or feeling old because they're over thirty, there is hope.The lower limit of what looks 'old' goes up as you age. I used to think 30 was old, now I'm thinking, over 70 might be old.
    I don't take everything so seriously anymore, I'm like a giant sized kid; in fact I wasn't a very happy kid, so this is all new to me.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

33 just like Duxx and Libs (Holly and FH too, if I remember correctly). I have a birthday next month though
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood

I am 5 years older than you and I remember when MJ was black. Our TV had a remote, me.
    Me too, for the the first 10 or so years of my life. I had to sit right in front of the TV and Dad would take off his shoe and throw it at me when I was supposed to change the channel. Our first REAL remote TV we didn't get until I was about 10 (1986).

Oh, and for those who are terrified about being 13/14... well maybe your teen experience will be different, but I didn't enjoy mine (hence, the rant), which is probably why I act like a teenager now at almost 30.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread