+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Quitting Smoking

MRD

Re: Quitting Smoking

I am. I'm still ironing. I've ironed everything that might remotely be available to iron. I cleaned out my closet, folded laundry, cleaned my room, cleaned the kitchen and took a nap. I have avoided the patio which is where I always smoked. I have stayed off the phone which is when I smoke. I am trying to change up my routine.

I need a shirt, "beware, dangerous woman who is trying to quit smoking; has extremely hot iron that can and will be used as a weapon".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3167726;
    I am. I'm still ironing. I've ironed everything that might remotely be available to iron. I cleaned out my closet, folded laundry, cleaned my room, cleaned the kitchen and took a nap. I have avoided the patio which is where I always smoked. I have stayed off the phone which is when I smoke. I am trying to change up my routine.

I need a shirt, "beware, dangerous woman who is trying to quit smoking; has extremely hot iron that can and will be used as a weapon".

I'll call about 15 people I know and we'll be sending via UPS items needing ironing. Go on the patio and do something different, keep changing that routine.

MRD

Better send it quick. I'm almost out of stuff to iron. sheets and underwear are next up. (no not really, but I'm almost that bad.)

And I REALLY hate to iron. So this is dedication, let me tell you. Ironing instead of smoking. I feel that I need a gold medal of my own and a ceremony because if you knew how much I hate ironing you'd know this was huge.

and myrosiedog gets the GOLD for "PUMPING IRON"

mrd, I know you think you've had a horrible day but I think it's going well. You're not smoking, you've cleaned most of your house, and you've ironed everything that would stay still on the ironing board. It may have not been a pleasant day, but it sure has been productive!

YOU GO GIRL! MRD!

Stick to it. You've already gotten through day 1. A HUGE achievement. I hope today goes better for you. Take it minute by minute if you have too.
    I'm heading out to work but will email you tonight. Be strong!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD...do you knit? My mom gave up smoking after 30 years and she was a very heavy smoker. We had more scarves than we knew what to do with Good luck and keep it up. You can do it. I read somewhere that quitting smoking was tougher than an addiction to heroin I am not a smoker, but I applaud your efforts. Iron the dog if you have to (just kidding of course).

MRD

I've tried to learn to crochet and knit and I am so bad at it, so no, I don't knit.

Ok, everyone including dogs are hiding from me. I am having the worst ill temper I've had in a long time. I have yelled at people and dogs for no reason. Dh even said last night that if this was how I was going to act, then he wished I"d start smoking again.
    That of course made me even madder.
    I'm quitting for me of course, but also because he and my daughter have been urging me to quit. He's been the most vocal about it. And then after less than one day, he's saying start again, because we can't stand you.

I know I'm being horrible, but it's almost like I'm standing outside my body watching someone else be the wicked witch of the west. I've tried to stay away from my family, either by going in my room to read and sleep or to stay in the living room by myself and ironing.

I'm also a little ticked because last week, he said he'd be off this weekend and would be able to help me, we could go do stuff, whatever so that I wouldn't think about smoking and he'd be here for support. Well he's worked yesterday and is working today too, so there goes that support. I'm a little ticked about the working thing. This job he's on, should have been finished a week ago. He's had a couple days rain delay that couldn't be helped, but I'm getting really tired of him estimating how long a job will take and it ALWAYS takes DAYS longer than he figures on.
    I'm pretty angry at him right now.

I'm pretty angry period. The Chantix website does say that you do go through emotional phases and I guess mine is anger. Nothing is pleasing me. I feel like the Red Queen: "off with their heads!!!!.

I hope it gets better soon, as I can't even stand myself right now.

It actually gets easier each day dear. I am on your side, it took me many tries but i think I finally did it this time as you will. Save up if you can the money you DO NOT spend on smokes and come and see Joey.

an empty nest, and not liking it one dang bit!

crotcheting no matter how bad you think you are at it ( i just recently re-taught myself to do it) , punching bags, drawing (stick figures and everything you would like to do with them right now) cleaning, and a nap and screw it i would get hubby's "shaver" either razor or clippers and shave the dogs - it grows back, we both know that....keep it up MRD. I have a family history of mental illness so i am scared of chantix.BUT i will be filling that prescription and quitting for good. Go to walmart, snark at anyone who gets in your way and then buy a giant sqeeky toy for waldo and take it home and beat the holy mother hell out of it, ( the toy not waldo) then give it to rosy and help her evicerate it.
    I have calming thoughts streaming to you. you are really doing good, and it will get better

+ Reply to Thread