+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Quitting Smoking

Re: Quitting Smoking

Congratulations spock, you are doing fantastic.
    PWS and spockwhat like this.
    There's no place like home!

Good going, Spock!! Fortunately DH smokes menthol. Yuck. No temptation for me there!
    spockwhat likes this.

Awesome achievement, Spock. I quit years ago and I STILL have cravings. "Mad Men" is a huge trigger, so I have to imagine the rest of the stuff that goes with it. That room stinks like hell. Don Draper's suit pocket is full of lint and loose tobacco shavings. He has a slight headache and his lungs burn. His fingers and breath stink. But yeah, I'd still do him.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Update: 5 months tomorrow. I'm so happy to be here.
    I took up biking, (who knew exercising was way easier when you can breathe? ), and just last week took a 50 km ride in the country. I took my time and a lunch and enjoyed the countryside. I'm so glad to be a quitter.
    Thanks to everyone for their words of support during the early days when it was incredibly difficult, you are a lovely group of people!
    Brooks, PWS, beerbelly and 4 others like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

Big congratulations! So happy that you took control of your life. I am formally quitting on Sunday. I've been using e-cigarettes, but still fall off the wagon and have a 'disposable' cigarette.

PWS and inthegarden like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

for both
    There's no place like home!

Congrats to spockwhat and best of luck to you beerbelly. My husband will be 1 year smoke free on October 31! I'm very proud of him. I really didn't think he could do it, but he proved me wrong. As an added benefit, he now gets much cheaper health insurance through his employer.

Now if I can just get my youngest son to quit, there would be no smokers in my immediate family.
    PWS, beerbelly, Cootie and 1 others like this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread