+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Quitting Smoking

Re: Quitting Smoking

I might try these:

"Bubble Gum Cigarettes - a fun, novelty chewing gum from back in the day! Each Bubble Gum Cigarette pack has 8 pink bubble gum sticks covered in a paper wrapper and they still blow fake smoke!

Bubble Gum Cigarettes - Bulk Retro Candy Store - CandyCrate.com - Bubble Gum Cigarettes
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

How is everyone doing?

I never did order those bbble gum cigarettes. I should get to it.

Mohandas Gandhi

Doing real good! Nearly two months, but it seems like longer.
    Sticker likes this.

Congratulations Punkin

I think it is fun to announce this to people who have been telling you to quit.

I had a stressful incident the other day which formerly would have driven me to the cigarettes and lighter.

So ... I went and got this one cigarette to see if I wanted it ... it was broken and I even patched it up !

I looked at it ... and smelled it ... and didn't want it ....
    Punkin, Hyper and Sticker like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I did a search with keywords "harm of e-cigarettes." The e-cigarettes contain carcinogens and a chemical that's used in antifreeze. They've done tests on people who have just smoked e-cigarettes and found out that their breathing is impaired after smoking the cigarettes. Some e-cigarettes have flavors, such as vanilla and strawberry. (I read that in some places it's legal for children to buy e-cigarettes). E-cigarette companies are spending a lot on advertising. When I did the search, some of the articles had positive things to say about e-cigarettes... but, before I saw the story on yahoo's home page, I thought that everything about e-cigarettes was positive.
    Since I smoke e cigs this post held my interest and I found time today to do my own research. The antifreeze ingredient. It is diethylene glycol. When the FDA tested 18 e cigs from 2 different manufacturers they found a small amount of the substance in 1 e cig.. The brand I use, V2, has each batch tested in a lab. I checked for the substance in a few batches. It always came up NF (not found) so I am not worried about it. I also read that this substance is not harmful in very small quantities.

The other antifreeze ingredient is propylene glycol.. It is used in the new safer antifreeze. It is also in toothpaste, mouthwash, stool softener and asthma inhalers, plus dozens of other products most folks use frequently and have used for many years.

For the other stuff. In the reports I read (and I only read a few) I found the words "might have" and "may have" and "in some brands" an awful lot. Nothing definitive. So, I still believe e cigs are a great alternative for those like me who cannot quite any other way.

P.S. 2 years and 1 month tobacco free!
    Punkin, ilja, Sticker and 1 others like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Still smoke free-except in my dreams. I finally started to get that distasteful smell of smoke-maybe I've passed the hump!
    Punkin, Cootie, Sticker and 1 others like this.

I just wanted to congratulate everyone. And I really mean "everyone"...including all those that have already quit, OR are in the very long process of quitting, AND even those who have tried to quit before and are back to smoking. Dont ever feel bad about it because it is a really tough thing to do and relapsing is very common.

IMO, I think it is great to talk about it and having this thread is a great avenue for people who want to talk about the challenges involved.
    Punkin and Cootie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Since I smoke e cigs this post held my interest and I found time today to do my own research. The antifreeze ingredient. It is diethylene glycol. When the FDA tested 18 e cigs from 2 different manufacturers they found a small amount of the substance in 1 e cig.. The brand I use, V2, has each batch tested in a lab. I checked for the substance in a few batches. It always came up NF (not found) so I am not worried about it. I also read that this substance is not harmful in very small quantities.

The other antifreeze ingredient is propylene glycol.. It is used in the new safer antifreeze. It is also in toothpaste, mouthwash, stool softener and asthma inhalers, plus dozens of other products most folks use frequently and have used for many years.

For the other stuff. In the reports I read (and I only read a few) I found the words "might have" and "may have" and "in some brands" an awful lot. Nothing definitive. So, I still believe e cigs are a great alternative for those like me who cannot quite any other way.

P.S. 2 years and 1 month tobacco free!
    Here's a recent article about E-Cigs.

E-cigarettes: Healthy tool or gateway device? - CNN.com

This article says they are not so bad ... "mostly harmless" ... and help more people "quit" than the patch ... but only the ones that deliver nicotine and not the placebo non-nicotine e-cigs. A nurse let me try one in the hospital .. and one puff had me bent over choking and and gagging! Maybe they come in different strengths?

So ... there are various ways to quit ... but please don't do it as I did ... by breaking a bone that stuck me in the hospital where I couldn't smoke!
    Punkin and Sticker like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Here's a recent article about E-Cigs.

E-cigarettes: Healthy tool or gateway device? - CNN.com

This article says they are not so bad ... "mostly harmless" ... and help more people "quit" than the patch ... but only the ones that deliver nicotine and not the placebo non-nicotine e-cigs. A nurse let me try one in the hospital .. and one puff had me bent over choking and and gagging! Maybe they come in different strengths?
    So ... there are various ways to quit ... but please don't do it as I did ... by breaking a bone that stuck me in the hospital where I couldn't smoke!
    In answer to the bolded. Yes, they come in strength from 0 nicotine to strengths comparable to ultra light cigarettes, lights, medium, regular and strong. Also, there are huge differences between brands. Some that I have purchased from local stores are awful.. I end up throwing them out because they are so nasty. I did a lot of research before finding the brand that I like. If someone is considering using e cigs to quit smoking do your research. And don't bother with the ones you can get a c-stores and gas stations. Most of them are really awful.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Some of the more expensive ones don't have all the nasty chemicals in them. Check the ingredients. It's one of those "you get what you pay for" things.
    Some malls have those kiosks, or even storefronts with some of the better brands. They have a representative there who will explain a lot about them to you & answer your questions.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread