+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Quitting Smoking

Re: Quitting Smoking

I have read good things about the e-cigarettes and have suggested them to smokers I know who want to quit, but they seem to ignore me. I even suggested they go online to read the positive comments about them and how they have really helped people who have been hard core smokers for 30 years or more. I guess until until you're ready and really wanted, suggestions don't mean much.

Debb, I have given e-cig coupons to quite a few people but I don't know that anyone has used them. I did lend an e-battery and some fresh cartridges to a client of mine and it took her a while but she is finally using them. After I had been using the e-cig for a few weeks I lit a real cig...took two drags and put it out. It no longer tasted good. I smoked for over 40 years!!!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I think there are e=cigs with and without nicotine.

I wanted to be without the nicotine AND a nurse in the hospital let me take a puff of his E-Cig and I started coughing and choking! Probably a geed thing for me because the thing I miss most about smoking is the "hit" when you take a puff/drag ... so now I am afraid to light up a cigarette.

How long does the urge/desire last?

Photobabe: "You said I will be smoke free in September! The e-cigs have been a life saver for me."

I didn't understand. How long in September?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I quit smoking 4 years ago. I still have days when it would be so easy to go buy a pack and light one up. I know if I do, then I will be smoking until it kills me. Every one who has quit thinks he/she has the best way. Find what works for you, no matter how many times (it took me 4 times with Chantix).
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I think there are e=cigs with and without nicotine.

I wanted to be without the nicotine AND a nurse in the hospital let me take a puff of his E-Cig and I started coughing and choking! Probably a geed thing for me because the thing I miss most about smoking is the "hit" when you take a puff/drag ... so now I am afraid to light up a cigarette.

How long does the urge/desire last?

Photobabe: "You said I will be smoke free in September! The e-cigs have been a life saver for me."

I didn't understand. How long in September?
    OOPS! Sorry! It will be 2 years in September.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Congratulations, Photobabe.

And captain ... you are correct. My cousin stopped with Chantrix, no proplem.

I was so anxious in the hospital that a nurse offered me a patch to "take the edge off" my panic so I agreed.

Maybe it helped ... but honest ... I just stopped wanting one in the hospital.

What helped me at home was I had stopped smoking in the house ... and I went out in all weather including ice and snow!

But when I first came home ... I was in a wheelchair and couldn't get out by myself to smoke.

Wierd.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

it's been since july 17 for me-I hope that i'm done smoking, but i really really miss it. I am using the patch for now.

Alright, alright! Seeing this thread in the "New Posts" list for the past several days has reminded me to quit again. It's 7:15am and I have three cigarettes left. So, today's the day. I have the e-cigarette (charging up), Nicotrol inhalers (like a nicotine binky to suck on) and I have patches. It's not too difficult to quit for me. But, living with two smokers who have no desire to quit, I have a hard time staying quit. I'll get my nails done in a couple of hours and then come home and stay in for three to four days and I'll be OK. I just wish I could get the others to quit with me. Thanks all for bringing this thread to my attention. I've been up to two packs a day this last month just sitting at my laptop feeding my Summer BB addiction. It's a good time to deal with the smoking addiction!
    Photobabe likes this.

To all those who have quit, are quitting, or are thinking about quitting: this "allergic asthmatic" thanks you! You rock for even trying.
    (And now I'll shut up. But I'm cheering for you in the shadows.)
    Punkin and Photobabe like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by famita View Post
    it's been since july 17 for me-I hope that i'm done smoking, but i really really miss it. I am using the patch for now.
    W.O.W. ... it is Four Weeks tomorrow ... and Saturday is the 17th so almost a whole month!

I hope you are very proud of yourself because you should be! This isn't easy for most people and we know it. My friend who quit way before I did had an asthmatic type of attack. Her doctor told her she had to make a choice .. to smoke ... or to breathe. !

Stick with this famita and know we are all behind you.

Also ... what do you miss most?

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread