+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Quitting Smoking

Re: Quitting Smoking

Quote Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
    FYI on using e-cigs in airplane laves. In the reading I've done online, it depends on what kind of smoke detector is in the lav. Most people recommend blowing the vapor down your shirt...lol. For some people, "stealth-vaping" on airlines seems to be quite the challenge. Kinda like smoking in the boys' room at school.
    I never used them in the lavatory of the plane...just discreetly turned my head to the side (had a window seat) and used it. No one noticed.
    And, G.G., I've never noticed a smell from them at all. I'm surprised your mother thought so. That's the wonderful thing about them...no one notices because there's no smell, like real cigs. And now that I've quit smoking, I have superhuman sense of smell...so I'd notice.
    It's entirely possible that your E-Cig is different than mine though....I use The Safe Cigarette, which I love, and it has no smell whatsoever....to me, that's a great thing.

The only downer to all of this has been my mother. She is jobless and lives with me and while I love her, she drives me crazy. We were talking about reading I've done about "nictotine vaporizers" (my new preferred term) relative to FDA testing, approval, etc and I told her I was so happy that so far I didn't have any cravings. Her reply?

"It sure does smell bad."

Seriously. Would you rather I continue to smoke real cigs around you? That, my friends, is the story of my life with her. When I was younger, I'd learn a new song on the violin or piano and play it for her and instead of telling me good job, or she's proud of me or whatever, she'd say, "Are you sure that's how that song goes?"

*SIGH*. Sorry to vent on all of you. But...I didn't light a cigarette.

(PS: To me it smells a little like pipe tobacco. Definitely not like something burning.)
    Your comments about an odor puzzle me. I smoke the V2 brand. There is no odor. I odor tested it on my daughter who hates smoking with a passion and she could not smell anything. Nor could any of my friends. I even vaped in my sons house and my DIL (who claims to have a super sensitive nose to all things tobacco) never suspected that I was vaping.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I have no idea what it smells like to my mother. This is the same woman who swears we need a new toaster because she can smell cat pee in the current toaster. How the cat would pee in the toaster is beyond me, especially since my counters are cat-free.

In any case...WTH is up with the runny nose and cough? I haven't had a cold in quite some time and while I don't have body aches or a fever, I have a runny runny runny nose and a cough. Does it go away or is this part of my "new reality"???

I have no idea what it smells like to my mother. This is the same woman who swears we need a new toaster because she can smell cat pee in the current toaster. How the cat would pee in the toaster is beyond me, especially since my counters are cat-free.

In any case...WTH is up with the runny nose and cough? I haven't had a cold in quite some time and while I don't have body aches or a fever, I have a runny runny runny nose and a cough. Does it go away or is this part of my "new reality"???
    Could it possibly be allergies? I've never heard of that being a side effect and it didn't happen to me but everyone's body is different, I guess.
    I'm sure it won't last long...please don't let it stop you from getting off of real cigarettes. No one could have loved smoking more than me and that gives me hope that others can get rid of the habit...esp when E-Cigs help sooo much....not sure I could have continued w/o them.

The runny nose might be allergies/time of year, I don't know. The cough is expected - your body cleaning all the gunk out of your lungs. I think for me, it lasted just under 2 weeks. And of course the runny nose is probably not helping the cough. Stick with it - you can do it!!

I had forgotten the fact that the body (lungs) needs to get rid of the gunk that has accumulated in there from years of smoking. When I was in the hospital with double pneumonia, the medical team would so something to my bed that made it shake and jiggle. I disliked it a lot although not painful at all. They explained to me that it helps dislodge all the junk in my lungs and bring it up. (sorry for TMI) so I'm sure that's why you cough.

I just wanted to give myself a Hooray!
    Tomorrow will make it a whole year that I quit smoking. Lordy, but I never, never expected to write that. I loved it and never wanted to quit. Part of that was definitely due to being rebellious, which I can now admit, and I was totally addicted.
    So Hooray for me and to all those still not smoking.
    (I truly am surprised to see myself say all this...that's how addicted I was.)
    Ellen, G.G., Hyper and 5 others like this.

Congratulations, Dragonlady! A year smoke free is darn good!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Congrats, my friend!!
    I enjoyed it, too, when I smoked, so I totally understand.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

WTG DragonLady!!! Hopefully I'll be saying the same thing in 11 months.

+ Reply to Thread