+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: Quitting Smoking

Re: Quitting Smoking

I am a former smoker and quit many years ago. I enjoyed them to but wasn't a heavy smoker. The only thing now is being around the smoke gives me massive headaches. I have siblings who smoke so if we are outside I have to stay downwind or I am messed up for sure. It is an allergic thing now and the same goes for perfumes they give me massive headaches.

One year we went to my sisters and they smoked in the house as did my husband at the time and we began looking around her house and everything was yellowy form the cigarette smoke and my husband never smoked in the house after that because he didn't want ours to look that way and I came home and cleaned all the pictures and stuff in my house to get it off. Sometimes it takes awhile to see the film it makes.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

While I am still addicted to my e-cigs, I am no longer addicted to nicotine! I've been vaping 0 nicotine for weeks now. It seems my addiction is more an addiction to the habit than to the nicotine. I use V2 and they have all their flavers in 0mg up to 24mg of nicotine.

Some of the perks from e-cigs over real ones: I feel better, I smell better, my clothes no longer stink, my house and car are cleaner and smell better, I'm saving a LOT of money!
    MRD and inthegarden like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    While I am still addicted to my e-cigs, I am no longer addicted to nicotine! I've been vaping 0 nicotine for weeks now. It seems my addiction is more an addiction to the habit than to the nicotine. I use V2 and they have all their flavers in 0mg up to 24mg of nicotine.

Some of the perks from e-cigs over real ones: I feel better, I smell better, my clothes no longer stink, my house and car are cleaner and smell better, I'm saving a LOT of money!
    Good for you! Keep it up! I remember 20+ years ago when I quit, there was a time one day when I fell off the wagon and just HAD to have just ONE...it came out of nowhere and was driving me crazy. I got someone to give me ONE cigg, lit it with great anticipation, took one drag, and I thought I was going to cough up a lung! It was horrible, and I didn't think I'd ever get that taste/smell out of my body - that was a very good reminder for me at that time just how nasty it really was, it wasn't at all as my fantasies had remembered it. Never had the urge again

And you're right - once you're off the nicotine, it's the habit that's the hardest part to break. I used to keep a pen or pencil in my mouth until I got over that "need".
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

MRD

That's why the ecig is so great. You actually fool yourself into thinking you are smoking and once off the nicotine, it's just water vapor. I love it and I will still continue to use it, especially are parties or where other people are smoking, then I can "smoke" and not feel deprived.

Seriously, I would give the inventor of this a huge hug and kiss!!! Because NOTHING has ever worked for me like this and it's kept away my "witchy" mood I get when I try to quit and it's kept me from replacing food for the cigarettes.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm still "addicted" to E-cigs but I don't care. They give me the "doing-ness" that I enjoyed with real cigarettes and I figure what does it matter if I use them? They're not hurting me and if I need to do "doing-ness" and not use a real cigarette, so what?
    But I would like it better if more people were aware of them and what they are. In public, I use ones that definitely don't look like a real cigarette so that I don't have to put up with strangers making unwanted comments. At home, I use the ones that look like real ones because I just happen to like them better. And it's fine to me, that I still use them. My fingers and mouth seem to want something to do and eating too much is not an option for me. I like being slender and now I'm slender and smoke-free.

I, too, love not having the smell in the house, car, etc nor the yucky yellow film that collects everywhere.
    I treated myself for quitting by having my teeth whitened and I intend to keep them that way.

I'm still upset about having my family watch me while I almost died and what they went thru but it may have been the very best thing to help me realize how much harm I was causing myself....and in turn, my family and friends. I was one of those stubborn people who needed a huge whack on the head to finally smarten up.
    Photobabe likes this.

MRD

Mine looks like a real cigarette, so I am more careful about smoking it away from home as I too don't want the comments. And then someone told me it looks like a form of a pot pipe so now I'm afraid to smoke it in the car in case the police see me and think it's that.

If I'm in a restaurant and feel the need, I get up and go to the bathroom and take a few quick puffs. I'm probably never going to pull one out in a smoke free restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by MRD View Post
    Mine looks like a real cigarette, so I am more careful about smoking it away from home as I too don't want the comments. And then someone told me it looks like a form of a pot pipe so now I'm afraid to smoke it in the car in case the police see me and think it's that.

If I'm in a restaurant and feel the need, I get up and go to the bathroom and take a few quick puffs. I'm probably never going to pull one out in a smoke free restaurant.
    MRD, I have two kinds that I like, one looks like a real cigarette and one doesn't at all. Like you, I used to use the non-cig type in public, but now I find myself using the other if I feel like it. I'm probably just a trouble-maker, but I'm kind of getting a kick out of doing it. So far, no one has noticed or paid any attention to me, but I wouldn't go to the restroom because basically, I"m not doing anything wrong. If I get asked, I'll explain...and if that's still not enough, what more can they do than just ask me not to use it. Not sure what I'd do in that circumstance..most likely, not use it but I know I'd be tempted to tell them to get lost. Yes, I'm bad that way. Old ladies can get away with a lot more than young people.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Speaking as a non-smoker, if I don't smell smoke I probably wouldn't notice the e-cig. The smell is quite distinctive and what provokes me to send the icy glare in a restaurant. I admit before reading this I would certainly have been confused as to how someone could apparently be smoking with no smell (FORT,as ever, continues my education!), but if I couldn't smell anything I'd have just thought I was lucky as to which way the A-C was blowing and ignored it.
    I don't know how typical I am, but I'd guess if there's no tobacco smell you all are pretty safe in public with your e-cigs.

MRD

I have heard from a few people that were asked NOT to use their ecigs on planes when that is what they bought them for. The only way someone would know is if they saw it. And since it's water vapor that you exhale, It disappears almost immediately. Not like smoke that just hangs there. And the vapor has no smell.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MRD View Post
    I have heard from a few people that were asked NOT to use their ecigs on planes when that is what they bought them for. The only way someone would know is if they saw it. And since it's water vapor that you exhale, It disappears almost immediately. Not like smoke that just hangs there. And the vapor has no smell.
    That's really interesting. I guess because it confuses the flight attendants? Or other passengers could see and get upset? Maybe they could make an announcement that it may LOOK like the person in 27 C is smoking but they aren't, it's an e-cig? Might encourage other people to try them!
    On the other hand they do expect smokers to be able to fly without smoking. ...
    Poppy Fields likes this.

+ Reply to Thread