+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Lefties Unite

I'm pretty much all left handed. The only thing I do right handed is golf. (which I do very badly)
    My dad was left handed but had it beaten out of him in public school so he does most things right handed and my sister is left handed but golfs right.

My hand writing is a sight. I tend to almost lay down to get get the curve right. I don't even bother with power tools. I noticed in driving, I would prefer the radio to be on my left side so I can mess with the buttons easier.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Another Leftie checking in. (See, I'm even waving with my left hand!)

Thanks for the thread Daddio!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    We are also statistically more likely to be involved in accidents, have serious injuries caused by machinery and power tools and to top it all off – we tend to die at a younger age (no doubt as a result of all those accidents and power tool mishaps).
    Well that's only because it's those evil Righties that design all the machinery and power tools.

I assume the defining factor in whether someone is considered to be left-handed is the hand they write with. Just as most people in this thread, I use the left for some things and the right for others. (I'd be screwed with flippers.) I write and eat with my left, but brush my teeth, do sports, and use my computer mouse with my right. As for guns, I have no idea.

I'm the only leftie in the family. Just like Pansygirl, I seat myself at the left end of a table so as not to bump elbows. And I don't curl my hand when I write, but the side of my hand sure ends up covered in ink!

And I can't use the left-handed scissors. Teachers used to drive me nuts forcing those left-handed scissors on me. And I do notice if people on TV are writing with their left. Angelina Jolie comes to mind.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I use my left-handedness as the excuse for why I tie my shoes and shuffle cards like a five year old. I learned both things from righties. The truth is that I'm probably just not very good at either but it makes a good excuse.

One thing about being a lefty I do is, I make my capital cursive J "backwards". I start with the downward loop first. Drives my wife nuts, but no one will ever fake MY signature!

I'm a lefty too....I like this thread!

FORT Fogey
    Wow I never realized there were so many lefties here! I am totally right handed, but I'm definitely left-footed. I have no idea how, because I learned to play soccer from a righty, but my left leg is a lot stronger and I can do better moves with it. Strange!

I'm a rightie, and there's basically nothing I can do with my left hand other than type and write like a kindergartner. My left arm has no strength whatsoever.
    Gustav Holst was right!

I feel so un-cool for being a rightie

My left hand is really basically used for typing keys on left hand side and to play the piano. Other than that... can't think of anything else

I'm left-handed but do everything but writting using my right hand.

I'm a lefty too. I do absolutely nothing right handed. I can't even hold a pen or try to swing a bat right handed. The cool thing about being a lefty is when people find out your lefty they make it seem like it's some great accomplishment. "I didn't know you were a lefty! That's so cool!"

I'm always the one trying to sit at the end of a table so as not to bump into others, otherwise I try to tuck my left arm in with great effort so I don't become a nuisance.

I learned how to cut with right handed scissors using my left hand. It's just about applying pressure to the blades a different way. I did this because as all lefties know, the lefty scissors in school sucked!

I enjoy being a lefty though.
    Who shot who in the what now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast