+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prom Dress, help!

FORT Newbie
    Just try to think to yourself, what will your photos say about you in 5, 10, or even 20 yrs? Will you look at them and see timeless, elegant, classic, or will it scream of the latest fad or the year you went to prom. Then decide what you want. Are you a super trendy girl, are you more of the elegant type or fun funky? Nothing wrong with any of them. Just pick which is most you, or when you see your photos you will be like the girls of the eighties with the big huge bangs who say " what were we thinking?"

You're getting a lot of good advice already... I agree with the comments here, you can dress it up (or down) with the jewellery, hairstyle, and make-up you choose. It's been 4 years since my grad prom, but I see a lot more cocktail dresses than poufy gowns at university formals. I think there's a trend away from princess gowns in general, and if you're going to college after, you'll definitely get more mileage out of it later.

Oh and I love that dress! You have fun!
    "Just kiss my toes and I'll be happy." - Dex

Wow!
    I wish they had dresses like that when I was going to prom. That's a great looking dress and I'm sure it will be stunning in blue. I think you will look great!
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I love the dress, Laura! I'm sure you will be absolutely gorgeous! I'm so excited for you!!!

Doesn't sound like you need much help, you've done a fine job selecting a fabulous and flattering dress for yourself (although, to echo the advice above, I think the gloves might be a bit too much)...Just promise to post pictures (I never went to my own prom, so I'll just live the grand occasion vicariously through you, okay?).

HAVE A BLAST & TELL US ALL HOW IT WENT!!!

Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Laura, I have nothing to add to those great advice that is already given. I just wanted to drop in and say that the dress is absolutely beautiful! I wish I've worn something like that to my prom Have a great time!
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Laura, cute dress! I like it alot! I wish I would have chosen something like that in place of my poof ball dress I wore this year. I think a cute hairdo and necklace would dress it up perfectly! I'd skip the gloves though, I think the dress can stand on its own! since your feet will show are you going to get some cool shoes? that could be REALLY fun! blue is a great color (my favorite! I have had 2 blue formals)! Have a great time and cherish the night!

I love that dress, it's beautiful.

I think, like everyone else said, you can dress it up with the accessories you choose. Especially since you said you're wearing gloves; gloves will definitely dress it up a lot more.

Please post pictures! Have a great time!

My prom was in 1983, so I'll just say this. I went to a small, ritzy private school, and for my prom I went formal, in a long white bridesmaid-type formal gown that I got at a formal-wear shop. I wore it with petticoat, to poof out the skirt. I got to the prom, and all the other girls were wearing chic black cocktail dresses. I felt like the biggest doofus (which I was, actually, but I'm ok with that now)! So, from my 38 year old point of view, your short dress looks great.

MalibuPam!

I've seen pictures of those hideous '80s prom dresses and might I say, I am so thankful to have been a child in the '80s so as to have avoided all of those fashions, such as blue eye shadow, big permed bangs, and huge, puffy, colorful prom dresses. By the time I got the age for that stuff, it was the late '90s. Whew!

MalibuPam has a point; you cannot go wrong with chic cocktail dresses. I wore a black one to my senior prom (10 years ago, eek!) and was very glad, especially when I saw one girl in a teal Scarlett O'Hara-type gown.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast