+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prom Dress, help!

on vacation
    It looks like a beautiful dress and a girl can never go wrong in blue. As was suggested, it's important what you think and how you feel and besides, long formal dresses aren't necessarily in style anymore all the time anyhow.

The most important thing is that you have fun and remember your prom for many years to come! I still remember mine.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

Awww, Laura, your dress is just beautiful! You must be so excited for your prom! Have a wonderful time!

While looking for updo hairstyles with my daughter, we stumbled upon this neat website that helps with everything related to the prom. You might wanna take a peak.

promspot.com
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Wow!

Thanks SOOO much for your help everyone.

I spent all weekend stressing out over this, as silly as it might sound. But now you've all made me feel at ease. *phew!* THANK-YOU!

..I'll try and scan some pics after prom.

FORT Fogey
    Its fine Laura. In fact its gorgeous.

For years now young ladies have been wearing cocktail type dresses to their proms instead of the big, bulky, taffeta, formal numbers.

They are much more flattering, much more mature and sophisticated looking and the best part is that they can be used over and over again - not like so many prom/brides maids dresses that are "one time charlies".

A prom helps to provide your transition into adulthood. The dress should be of the same mind.
    Last edited by Daddio; 05-17-2004 at 05:34 PM.

Who needs sequins that fall off all over the place? I'd definitely focus on some glitzy accesories

Have a great time!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

FORT Newbie
    Great dress! As a petite you will be so glad you went with a solid it will show your adorable and envious figure! Your accessories sound adorable and great too! You might re-think the gloves though. Gloves can be a real pain they get dirty and what do you do when eating and stuff, and the white may be too stark against your blue dress! Do some fabulous bracelet. I saw the cutest thing here too the other night, some of the girls going to prom had the florist make a "flower" purse instead of a corsage and it was amazing! They had the darling little purses covered in flowers hanging from their wrists it was very very cute!
    love the idea of your hair up and let you shine through. Sometimes being tiny if you get too much going on it looks like all the accessories and a big dress are wearing you instead of you looking fabulous in your dress. I bet you have a blast! And that color is so amazing this time of year! Have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by tally
    I saw the cutest thing here too the other night, some of the girls going to prom had the florist make a "flower" purse instead of a corsage and it was amazing! They had the darling little purses covered in flowers hanging from their wrists it was very very cute!
    !

Ok, I'm having such a girlie moment. I've never seen that, but it sounds SO cute!!!! I want a flower purse.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Newbie
    Oh me too! I was out in a restaurant and saw them and I kept thinking what kind of things I have coming up so I could have one made too! It was the cutest thing and the women and girls were all going so totally nuts! It was just a little cheapo purse with fresh blooms covering it. One girls had the cutest daisies all over it and anothers had roses! Mothers day had passed so that was out. I have a wedding soon so maybe I could do one for that!

Awwwww I wanna go! ..I can't believe my prom was 9 YEARS AGO!
    Looks like a beautiful little dress. Very classy. Looks comfortable too.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Laura have a wonderful prom,you are going to be stunning.
    I do agree with Tally, the gloves may be a bit too much. I like the idea of a funky bracelet or flower purse...flowers are in!!!!
    Have fun!!!!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast